Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mjcecil
  • 2 Post By mjcecil
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Looks pretty good to me. I really like the new Ice color. Amazon.com: URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S5, Ice: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I think that this is defiantly one of my favorite cases. It is light and really well done.
    Only one thing that bothers me is the price. It is $35. Is there a chance its going to be lower in a couple of weeks?

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-81mzbwetk5l._sl1500_.jpg
  2. #2  
    joe_fresh's Avatar

    Posts
    415 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by smileycon View Post
    Looks pretty good to me. I really like the new Ice color. Amazon.com: URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S5, Ice: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I think that this is defiantly one of my favorite cases. It is light and really well done.
    Only one thing that bothers me is the price. It is $35. Is there a chance its going to be lower in a couple of weeks?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81MZbweTK5L._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	112744
    Check amazon prime. got mine for my htc m7 for 25 shipped
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    That's the case I ordered, hasn't shipped yet

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    I will have mine tomorrow and let you know what I think. Ordered one for me and my girlfriend.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    mike3000's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by tomadamsphoto View Post
    I will have mine tomorrow and let you know what I think. Ordered one for me and my girlfriend.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I got mine a few days ago. Looks great, very light weight and a nice sized lip for screen protection
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to order this case.
  7. #7  
    mjcecil's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    I have the UAG for my iPhone 5s and for my GS4, and I love them, though the GS4 has been replaced with a GS5. (I bought them in white, and my friends call them the Stormtrooper cases) The grip is very positive, and most importantly, the buttons are VERY snappy. It feels like they are the original buttons on my phones. I'll probably buy the one for my GS5, too, but for now, I'm in a Casemate Naked, which seems pretty awesome.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    I had one for my GS3, I dropped it and part of it chipped off and the power button didn't work right.. other than that I loved the case before it broke... first case I've ever seen break and it was only dropped from about 3-4 feet up... must have fell just right..

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by mikea3000 View Post
    I got mine a few days ago. Looks great, very light weight and a nice sized lip for screen protection
    Would you mind taking a few photos for us?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by undergrad View Post
    Would you mind taking a few photos for us?
    Yes please! I would love to see how it looks too outside of stock photos!
  11. #11  
    mjcecil's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    UAG Ice.

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-photo.jpg
    Lip view.

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-photo-3-.jpg
    Oblique view.

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-photo-4-.jpg
    Full side.

    Mark
    Thanked by:
    Xm_jdm 
    smileycon likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Thanks for sharing. Now that I see it in real world use, I am not such a fan anymore. It's a bit too busy for me.
  13. #13  
    mjcecil's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Now that I see it in real world use, I am not such a fan anymore. It's a bit too busy for me.
    I can see that. To give you a better idea of what a non-transparent case looks like, here are these of my S4 in a solid white case, which my friends affectionately term the "Stormtrooper" case:

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-20140421_172310.jpg
    S4 only.

    Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5-photo-5-.jpg
    And... Side by side with the Ice case.

    Regards,

    Mark
    Thanked by 2:
    brun019822 and smileycon like this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Thank you. I much prefer the colored vs see through!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by mjcecil View Post
    I can see that. To give you a better idea of what a non-transparent case looks like, here are these of my S4 in a solid white case, which my friends affectionately term the "Stormtrooper" case:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140421_172310.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	114063
    S4 only.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (5).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	114064
    And... Side by side with the Ice case.

    Regards,

    Mark
    Does the lip of the case cover the ugly silver bezel around the S5?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Thank you. I much prefer the colored vs see through!
    Same here. I like the black one best.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Great Photos! Thanks!
  18. #18  
    mjcecil's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    This afternoon in my local coffee shop I had the first drop of my S5 in its UAG ice case and its Zagg glass screen protector.

    Knocked off of the table 3 feet onto the concrete floor. Not a scratch! Fine performance from my selected protection products.

    Mark
    Last edited by mjcecil; 04-24-2014 at 09:17 PM.
  19. #19  
    mjcecil's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by undergrad View Post
    Does the lip of the case cover the ugly silver bezel around the S5?
    Yes it does :-)
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Urban Armor Gear Case for Samsung Galaxy S5

    Quote Originally Posted by mjcecil View Post
    This afternoon in my local coffee shop I had the first drop of my S5 in its UAG ice case and its Zagg glass screen protector.

    Knocked off of the table 3 feet onto the concrete floor. Not a scratch! Fine performance from my selected protection products.

    Mark
    Whaa, I'm happy for you that your protection products worked for you. That could have been a really annoying accident

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4 with KitKat - Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting
    By TammOk in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
  2. S5 on T mobile car mode stopped working
    By flseidentity in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM
  3. best app for hiding texts
    By Jared Greene in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 11:03 AM
  4. What are the Best Apps for the S5????
    By mntwinvike in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
  5. switched from Iphone to S5 and multiple Questions
    By clanzocu in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions