Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

stonefox

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello
Currently working on getting the Galaxy S5 up and running, but have problems with Dropbox. Dropbox is currently. stored on the phone itself and I would like to have it moved to my SD card.
I installed "Dropbox sync", but get this error message when I select a folder on the SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Seeking help for a solution!

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Hello
Currently working on getting the Galaxy S5 up and running, but have problems with Dropbox. Dropbox is currently. stored on the phone itself and I would like to have it moved to my SD card.
I installed "Dropbox sync", but get this error message when I select a folder on the SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

If you're running Kitkat 4.4 this may be bad news: Google has blocked user-selected writing to the SD card, as you found out.
They don't want you to store your data on your external SD card where it's not so easy for them to read, copy, and store it. They want you to store your data in a cloud, their cloud preferably, where they – and every agent they collude with – have all the access they want.

Last edited:

rDubs22

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Hello

Seeking help for a solution!

Apps can no longer write to external storage in kitkat (thanks Google!) If you are rooted you can get around this by installing the program SDFix. It will add the permission for apps to write to external storage. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Try the Myfiles app in the application drawer.
I found that you can use that to move files to your SDcard.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Try the Myfiles app in the application drawer.
I found that you can use that to move files to your SDcard.

that's a pain

better solution is to root and install SDFIX, and its back to the way it should be

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance