Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Hello
    Currently working on getting the Galaxy S5 up and running, but have problems with Dropbox. Dropbox is currently. stored on the phone itself and I would like to have it moved to my SD card.
    I installed "Dropbox sync", but get this error message when I select a folder on the SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Seeking help for a solution!
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Hello
    Currently working on getting the Galaxy S5 up and running, but have problems with Dropbox. Dropbox is currently. stored on the phone itself and I would like to have it moved to my SD card.
    I installed "Dropbox sync", but get this error message when I select a folder on the SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"
    If you're running Kitkat 4.4 this may be bad news: Google has blocked user-selected writing to the SD card, as you found out.
    They don't want you to store your data on your external SD card where it's not so easy for them to read, copy, and store it. They want you to store your data in a cloud, their cloud preferably, where they – and every agent they collude with – have all the access they want.
    Last edited by Vsweety; 04-18-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Default Re: Move Dropbox to SD because of lack of space - SD card "Folder not writeable, can not sync"

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Hello

Seeking help for a solution!
    Apps can no longer write to external storage in kitkat (thanks Google!) If you are rooted you can get around this by installing the program SDFix. It will add the permission for apps to write to external storage. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Try the Myfiles app in the application drawer.
    I found that you can use that to move files to your SDcard.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear8 View Post
    Try the Myfiles app in the application drawer.
    I found that you can use that to move files to your SDcard.
    that's a pain

better solution is to root and install SDFIX, and its back to the way it should be