Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is the most ridiculously rugged case for the Galaxy S5?

I presume the Otterbox Defender must take top place here but I just wanted to ask whether you know of any other extremely rugged cases out there.

The "slim armor" cases are great if that's what you want... but I want my phone to bounce when it hits the ground.

Default Re: What is the most ridiculously rugged case for the Galaxy S5?

I'd say either the otterbox defender or the life proof case... either should be pretty much indestructible. .

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by schwanz583 View Post
    I'd say either the otterbox defender or the life proof case... either should be pretty much indestructible. .

Posted via Android Central App
    Defender. A Best Buy rep had his S5 in one and rugged and beastly it is, but also really ugly.

I'm using the defender for now, I have a Tough Armor that should be here today. Really like the looks of the Element Recon case. I just really don't know if it's worth the cost. I'll probably grab a Lifeproof when they come out. The defender for the S5 isn't as ugly as some of the cases they have made in the past,it's also slimmer than some others that have been built in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    I'm using the defender for now, I have a Tough Armor that should be here today. Really like the looks of the Element Recon case. I just really don't know if it's worth the cost. I'll probably grab a Lifeproof when they come out. The defender for the S5 isn't as ugly as some of the cases they have made in the past,it's also slimmer than some others that have been built in the past.
    Recon is such a huge ripoff. They make nice cases but their prices are outrageous.

Global Posts
    520 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Recon is such a huge ripoff. They make nice cases but their prices are outrageous.
    I love the Recon CF case but I don't know if I can swallow the $80 price tag .

I'm waiting for this case to come out, waiting for reviews. (the price is right!)

Revolution | Poetic Cases

Looks like a UAG rip off.