Galaxy S5 spare battery charger. OEM

Achilles_88

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ordered and reviewed a GS5 spare battery charger with a battery? Preferably an OEM one. I can't seem to find one that looks too be 100% legit and OEM. Amazon sells a couple that look to be original but they don't have many reviews yet.

Posted via Android Central App

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for Samsung to replenish the stock, for 25 bucks I think it's worth the real "Samsung" variant.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Achilles_88

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is their some coupon code I'm not seeing that will apply to that amazon one? I know Samsung has it on their website but they are backordered

Achilles_88

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if the GS5 chargers have 3.0 charging or just the standard micro USB? Also, their was a 50$ spare charger on amazon sold by circuit city that I ordered. Hope it is legit.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered that one. Price came down from 90 to 70 bucks. I got tired of waiting for Samsung to get their act together.

My spare battery charger is on its way. Should be here by Friday night. I should have ordered faster shipping. Oh well.

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
When you set up a new Samsung account you get a 50% off coupon for any Samsung accessory under $50.

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
When you set up a new Samsung account you get a 50% off coupon for any Samsung accessory under $50.

They fumbled my spare battery order with my 50% off code. I?m hoping against hope that my code will still be valid once they get my refund sent and I can possibly use the code with the charger/battery combo this time around.

It?s really only going to be handy in an emergency or if the original dies (my idea to begin with). That Otterbox Defender case makes swapping batteries more of a chore than it would be worth. I can see how it might be handy in a pinch though and worth it to have around.

ickymini

May 6, 2014
Visit site
i normally carry an external portable charger. i have been using the rejuva power pack from boxwave and its been great! but you can save lots if you have amazon and use prime.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i normally carry an external portable charger. i have been using the rejuva power pack from boxwave and its been great! but you can save lots if you have amazon and use prime.

I prefer to just be able to switch out a battery and go rather than sit and wait for it to charge. It's especially annoying now that there's a cover

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I got mine too. It’s nice. Glad I got it for 50% off (after they apparently refused to refund the shipping on my previous order that was never sent, but oh well at least I did get my 50% off coupon). The spare battery is $30 – so, you get the charger too for another $20 (full retail price). In those terms it’s worth it I guess.

Mine will likely never get used until the original battery wears out, but nice to have it if travelling and opportunities to charge up are limited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes