Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question My Otterbox Commuter has dirt on it... How do you remove black marks?

I bought my phone and my Otterbox Commuter case last week. I have the pink and white case. On the pink soft portion, on the edges there is dirt or black marks. I'm guessing from it being in my purse? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this clean?? I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

Global Posts
    31,631 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: My Otterbox Commuter has dirt on it... How do you remove black marks?

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanStar View Post
    I bought my phone and my Otterbox Commuter case last week. I have the pink and white case. On the pink soft portion, on the edges there is dirt or black marks. I'm guessing from it being in my purse? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this clean?? I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try pulling the case off the device and use a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol.

Edit: Nail polish remover (acetone) might work too, but with both I would be careful at first, in case either lifts some of the dye.
    SuburbanStar likes this.

Global Posts
    31,631 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: My Otterbox Commuter has dirt on it... How do you remove black marks?

See edited post
    SuburbanStar likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much for the help, I will try tonight to see if I can get it clean

Global Posts
    31,631 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Thanks so much for the help, I will try tonight to see if I can get it clean
    Let us know how it goes. I would opt for the rubbing alcohol first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Hello,

Someone else here. I just tried that and did not work at all.