[VIDEO] Wireless QI Receiver Pad for Samsung Galaxy S5

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
WARNING

DO NOT SUBMERGE THE DEVICE WITH THIS PAD INSTALLED.

I'VE TESTED IT AND THE RESULTS ARE HERE: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ideo-samsung-galaxy-s5-dead-water-damage.html

-----------------------------

For the Note 3, I purchased about 3 different receiver pads over the course of it's life. Every pad pretty much had it's own set of pros and cons. For the S5, this is the product I started with. If I purchase any other ones, I'll add to this.

Cost: Around $7-$8 shipped

Link: qi receiver s5 | eBay (generic search results... if you want the one in this video, just match it up with the pictures... auctions start and end frequently)

Kind of hard these days to film with my daughter around, but it's better than going to work and coming home and hiding in the basement. I do apologize about that.

Overall assessment for you guys is that it does an okay job with charging. Exactly what you'd expect with wireless charging if you're familiar with it. NFC gets a one out of four stars though. Don't expect to enjoy using NFC while using it. If you do get it to work, it's because you really fiddled around a lot with it.

Last edited:

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
WARNING

DO NOT SUBMERGE YOUR DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING THIS WIRELESS CHARGING RECEIVER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. I KILLED A DEVICE DUE TO TESTING THIS OUT.

IF YOU DO IT, REALIZE SOMEONE HAS ALREADY DONE IT BEFORE AND IT FAILED.

Details to include some video later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary