Qi Wireless charger w/Receiver for Galaxy S5

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So I went to the Samsung Mobile Store (Samsung's Flagship Store) and decided to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 Wilreless Charging back cover in black. Along with the S Charger Pad.

Honestly, I actually like it. But I plan on just using this when at home and need to charge my phone. When I am going out and about then I will take off the wireless charging cover and replace with the blue back cover and I will put on my Spigen Slim Armor case. So I'll just have to get used to this new routine of mine.

It does add a bit of thickness to the phone

Here are some pics:
20140603_122836.jpg20140603_123557.jpg20140603_123940.jpg20140603_124014.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I went to the Samsung Mobile Store (Samsung's Flagship Store) and decided to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 Wilreless Charging back cover in black. Along with the S Charger Pad.

Honestly, I actually like it. But I plan on just using this when at home and need to charge my phone. When I am going out and about then I will take off the wireless charging cover and replace with the blue back cover and I will put on my Spigen Slim Armor case. So I'll just have to get used to this new routine of mine.

It does add a bit of thickness to the phone

Here are some pics:
View attachment 121262View attachment 121263View attachment 121264View attachment 121265

That routine seems far more annoying than pulling the charger tab each time. You're forcing yourself to remove the case, then back cover and apply another cover. Then repeat in reverse order.

Seems tedious.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
That routine seems far more annoying than pulling the charger tab each time. You're forcing yourself to remove the case, then back cover and apply another cover. Then repeat in reverse order.

Seems tedious.

To each their own. Plus I always take off the case when at home anyways.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My main concern is that removing the cover every day could eventually ruin the seal. Not sure but its always possible. Just something to consider. :)

Well, yeah, it's something I have to be careful of I guess. But of course I hear that the USB cover can break easily, so this is one of the reasons why I prefer to want to charge wirelessly so I don't have to deal with the USB cover. The store had the S-view flip cover with wireless charger as well and thought about it, but I don't like flip cover cases.

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep the usb cover is a week point if the S5 came out cordless from the start then maybe we would have covers by now
one other advantage is the camera is not touching the surface may have to adapt a cover to fit

Pa Bi

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought this wireless charger for $18.99

It fits inside the stock S5 plastic case, no bulges created on the back.
I did lay a piece of business card over the charging contacts.
Measured about 3/8" x 1", without it the contacts were intermittant.

This one => * Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

It comes with the charging pad making this one a really great deal.
HI AZgl1500, can you post your battery temperature screen when charging using this kit? Thank you a lot in advance.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Charging Cover OEM and Tylt Vu Qi charger. Going to pick up a Belkin bumper as suggested and be done with the port cover. Getting rather tired of fiddling with it in the dark.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
So the official samsung cover makes the phone to thick to fit in most cases? I was really hoping to get this accessory and get an ottterbox defender or commuter. Maybe I won't be getting a S5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So the official samsung cover makes the phone to thick to fit in most cases? I was really hoping to get this accessory and get an ottterbox defender or commuter. Maybe I won't be getting a S5

3mm thicker so that is correct. An Otterbox won't work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my wireless charging cover today. I've tried every case I have (Tudia, Diztronic, Spigen SlimArmor, and Cruzerlite) and none fit.

Gonna return the cover since Bumpers seem iffy after trying one (for me, the Belkin did fit). :(

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I found out one of my cases work with the OEM Samsung Wireless Charging Cover!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bile%2Fcell-phones-accessories&token=xkJ59rFb

This case works NEARLY flawlessly. The issue is installing it is tight and if you happen to put it in the case incorrectly the volume and power buttons will not line up. If you do it correctly everything will line up and the phone is protected with all port openings still in check.

Tight fit but at least it works. The chrome is covered from edge to edge. It is a bit annoying though if you get it wrong.

Last edited:

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my wireless charging cover today. I've tried every case I have (Tudia, Diztronic, Spigen SlimArmor, and Cruzerlite) and none fit.

Gonna return the cover since Bumpers seem iffy after trying one (for me, the Belkin did fit). :(

I'm using a Diztronic case on mine. It's not a perfect fit, but it works OK. It's a quality case to begin with, so even with a not so perfect fit, it's still acceptable for me for daily use.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Diztronic case on mine. It's not a perfect fit, but it works OK. It's a quality case to begin with, so even with a not so perfect fit, it's still acceptable for me for daily use.

It doesn't fit though. I mean any TPU will generally "fit" by some standard but I noticed that it can pull loose easily and cause the alignment of the power/volume buttons to be off.

If you like it that's great. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just not ideal for myself. :)

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I found out one of my cases work with the OEM Samsung Wireless Charging Cover!

Mobile Phone Accessories & Smartphone Accessories | Samsung

This case works NEARLY flawlessly. The issue is installing it is tight and if you happen to put it in the case incorrectly the volume and power buttons will not line up. If you do it correctly everything will line up and the phone is protected with all port openings still in check.

Tight fit but at least it works. The chrome is covered from edge to edge. It is a bit annoying though if you get it wrong.

I dont know if it's the samsung website or your link, but your link just take me to the samsung home page...Do you have the case name?

Thanks,

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if it's the samsung website or your link, but your link just take me to the samsung home page...Do you have the case name?

Thanks,

Galaxy S5 Protective Cover Clear

Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

Sorry about the bad link. :)

I will note though that I stopped using the case within a day. It works as well as any case will with the cover but I decided to go with a Belkin Grip Bumper.