Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Needed vs Unneeded Accessories

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon in a couple weeks when I become eligible for an upgrade. Current phone is Motorola Droid X.

What accessories should I get? Anything you consider a "must have"?

What accessories are not needed, but will possibly be promoted when I get the phone? In other words, you got it and it doesn't work well or at all or you never use after purchase.

I will probably want some type of arm band to take to the gym.

Default Re: Needed vs Unneeded Accessories

Screen protector and a case you like, wireless charging cover and the USB port cover standby.
    To see what people are selling, and you may understand what you need.
    Latest Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories - Witrigs.com
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sophia, thanks for your kind reply.

Elsewhere, another has suggested that the S5's Gorilla Glass doesn't need protection. It seems like it can't hurt to have a screen protector, but I wonder if you or others would want to elaborate about the need or advisability of screen protector's for the S5?

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by TalkTextBrowse View Post

Elsewhere, another has suggested that the S5's Gorilla Glass doesn't need protection. It seems like it can't hurt to have a screen protector, but I wonder if you or others would want to elaborate about the need or advisability of screen protector's for the S5?
    Screen protectors are personal preference. Personally, I don't care for them, I think they make the glass feel funny. That said, there are tempered glass screen protectors that are probably a judge improvement over anything I've used in the past.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Screen protectors are personal preference. Personally, I don't care for them, I think they make the glass feel funny. That said, there are tempered glass screen protectors that are probably a judge improvement over anything I've used in the past.

Posted via Android Central App
    Tempered Glass is great. The store branded ones (at least Verizon) is great. I'm using one now and love it. Zagg Glass is the top tier of then all though and I have one on stand by for when I need it. Real glass feel, finger print resistant (especially Zagg).

Also a case. I don't drop my phone so I use a thin TPU just to save from scuffs.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

yeah, personally, I prefer some protective products. I'd rather to know the dust on the screen protector but not the screen. As for case, we all know the Samsung midframe is weak even fade when scratch or impact, so i must choose a case for much more protective.

Please remember that Gorilla Glass in any form is scratch resistant. That doesn't mean its scratch proof and will scratch. Many times its a coating that scratches but one way or another it may drive you nuts.

Opt for a Zagg Glass protector. Its $40 at Best Buy or $35 from Zagg direct. Lifetime guarantee and if it ever breaks, needs replacement due to a warrantied device or whatever, file a claim for a new protector. Cost is $5.99 for shipping and once you receive it the protector will come with an envelope to send the old one back. All you need is a stamp for this one.

Best part is that its 9H hardness which is very scratch resistant and resists fingerprints extremely well. A simple swipe on your shirt and its clean. This is actually better than the way the Gorilla Glass reacts.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:
    Oliver Telfor likes this.

Welcome to Android Central. As stated above, I also suggest a Tempered GLASS screen protector, they are MUCH better than previous plastic protectors.....ENJOY
    Thanked by:

Make sure you register your new galaxy s5 with Samsung:-) this will get you a 50%off accessories coupon code to use on their website and extend your warranty by extra 3 months.... That's a win!

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon
    Thanked by 2:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

bigmatt, thanks for the kind suggestion.I'll do it.

Gorilla Glass in any form is scratch resistant. That doesn't mean its scratch proof and will scratch.

There is no use of Gorilla Glass, it is sounds good but in reality its no use of having such. So screen protector is must.