Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default private mode

Anyone using this? I am using note everything and am lookin for a way to lock a folder.
    Toshiba thrive
    Samsung Galaxy S5

Default Re: private mode

I use it everyday for ummm.....special tihngs. No seriously, My wife is in South Korea for a year and we like to send some pictures back and forth that i would rather people not see so i put them in albums and mark the albums as private.

It works great, no need for an app to hide private files. I also have movies that are private. And it was pretty easy to transfer the stuff that i wanted on my phone using the app on my mac when i got the phone two weeks ago, it allowed me to copy everything right into private and make albums, and then i am adding new stuff to it all the time. Whenever i want to add to it or just browse, i turn on private mode, it requires my password or a finger scan, wait about 10 sec and everything populates in my gallery. I have made the private mode button on my settings in my notification bar for quick access. That is absolutly one of the best features of the S5 in my eyes.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, know I'm doing something wrong lol. I put in a password. And it turned on. But can't figure out how to add anything to it. I don't see an option or menu. When I turn it off, is this when to add?

Here's how I've gotten it to work. Turn private mode on, open up "my files" and you'll now see a folder called "private" at the bottom. Still using "my files," go to wherever folder or file you want to keep secret and simply move it to the "private" folder. When you're done, turn off private mode and the folder and its contents will be hidden again until you turn private mode back on.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I did that. As long as private mode is on, I can see items I put in it.? And when I turn it off, I shouldn't be able to see what's in private mode? And if I go to where that item/photo/documents were at and not see them?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I think my problem is what I am trying to make private. I have note everthing app that Im using and have a note I am trying to make private. It shows in folder in private, but I can still see my note , when turned off.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I put a photo and a document in private mode and it worked. Yea!!.
    So I guess trying to put a note from a downloaded app doesnt work.
    how can I get the items to show when I have mode on, on the notification bar. It only shows option to turn off an below that box that says hide personal content.

I use it everyday

I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -

I set up my password in private mode and couldn't see how to move pictures. I went out of private mode and come back in and now when i put in the password it just sits there and wont let me get back into private mode. any way I can reset things?