Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Default Vehicle air vent phone holders

Anyone use one of the car mounts that connect to the louvers in your air vents? My S5 has overheated and shut down twice now while in a windshield mount and we're not even into full summer here in the desert so I guess I'm going to have to get it off the windshield. If you've used one I'd like to hear your opinions on them. I've got an older Jeep Grand Cherokee and the vents appear pretty stout and it will certainly keep it cool and out of the direct sun.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Default Re: Vehicle air vent phone holders

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    Anyone use one of the car mounts that connect to the louvers in your air vents? My S5 has overheated and shut down twice now while in a windshield mount and we're not even into full summer here in the desert so I guess I'm going to have to get it off the windshield. If you've used one I'd like to hear your opinions on them. I've got an older Jeep Grand Cherokee and the vents appear pretty stout and it will certainly keep it cool and out of the direct sun.
    I'm using this iKross 4-in-1 Universal Windshield / Dashboard / Sun Visor / Air Vent Car Mount Holder Kit - Black . I picked it up from Amazon . In the picture the vent mount is upside down . Works great in my Jeep Liberty .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vehicle air vent phone holders-71yh3-cj8el._sl1500_.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    3rdpig 

Quote Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
    I'm using this iKross 4-in-1 Universal Windshield / Dashboard / Sun Visor / Air Vent Car Mount Holder Kit - Black . I picked it up from Amazon . In the picture the vent mount is upside down . Works great in my Jeep Liberty .
    That Element case work OK with the iKross?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    That Element case work OK with the iKross?
    Yup No issues . I Used it going to Va. and back from Rochester NY over Memorial day weekend .

woaaaah ive never seen this!

My mount falls off my dash all the time so this would be way more helpful