Preserver vs Lifeproof fre

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Still haven't upgraded to the GS5 from my GS4. Have a Defender case on my GS4. Seems like the fre case is more stream lined and a better value. Any thoughts?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Still haven't upgraded to the GS5 from my GS4. Have a Defender case on my GS4. Seems like the fre case is more stream lined and a better value. Any thoughts?

The odd thing is Lifeproof is now owned by Otterbox. The lifeproof design has me questioning it's design, with a flap that covers the flap on the charging port. I know it kinda has to be there, but I am wondering how it will work with the charger. I can't seem to find a picture of how the charging port is covered on the Preserver series case. However, I am not a fan of the FRE series, which atm is the only one they offer for the S5, I prefer the NUUD series.

OtterBox acquires rival LifeProof - CNET

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It is less expensive and doubles the water resistant rating over the Preserver. Hopefully, it's comparable in terms of thickness to the Defender or the Preserver.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It is less expensive and doubles the water resistant rating over the Preserver. Hopefully, it's comparable in terms of thickness to the Defender or the Preserver.

In the past the Lifeproofs have been thinner or comparable to the defender, no idea about the Preserver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge