So now that the S5 Lifeproof is out

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Recieved the LifeProof Fre today. Screen sensitivity sucks I will be sending it back tomorrow.

It also cuts down on the clarity really bad. Mine went back for a refund today to the Sprint store. I'm back in the Element Elite case with the Zagg Glass and like it a lot.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Recieved the LifeProof Fre today. Screen sensitivity sucks I will be sending it back tomorrow.

Honestly the Nuud series is the way to go. No idea why they haven't released that version yet. It doesn't mess with screen sensitivity at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the lifeproof case from Verizon and the darn power button doesn't work. I knew I should have tried it at the store before I left. Has anybody else experienced this issue? I will try it again when I get home but I will be going to the store in the morning.

Posted via Android Central App

wrxgal

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I just received mine yesterday. The power button is also not working, almost like there is too much space between the phone and the button. I may try putting a piece of paper in there so theres a connection between the two. Also, I have no idea how to open up the charger, once you get the case opened. There is simply no room to get my fingers in there to open it to charge? Anyone have any suggestions? I like the case, but may sell it and wait for something different

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I just received mine yesterday. The power button is also not working, almost like there is too much space between the phone and the button. I may try putting a piece of paper in there so theres a connection between the two. Also, I have no idea how to open up the charger, once you get the case opened. There is simply no room to get my fingers in there to open it to charge? Anyone have any suggestions? I like the case, but may sell it and wait for something different

I went to the Verizon store and exchange it for another and I think that this one is perfect, the power button works, call and speaker quality is good and the screen protector is good, even with my zagg glass protector. Very happy now.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and exchange it for another and I think that this one is perfect, the power button works, call and speaker quality is good and the screen protector is good, even with my zagg glass protector. Very happy now.

Good deal!

If you are taking with someone on the phone, can the other person hear you well if you're on the speakerphone?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Good deal!

If you are taking with someone on the phone, can the other person hear you well if you're on the speakerphone?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

I haven't tried to talk to anybody on speakerphone but I can tell you that everybody that I have talked to with the case on can hear me clear as if the phone wasn't in the case.

connie barber

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Super excited about the s5 and not having to buy a life proof case. we all bought life proof for our iPhones for protection. My biggest complaint with life proof was unable to hear especially speaker mode was impossible. My son ran over his phone with the life proof case. the phone was crushed. I purchased a glass screen cover and a simple coverto protect the screen from dents and dings. do not like bulky covers.

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Another user with case issues....I love the case, design, fit, and weight are great. But, call quality is terrible! I've tried all the tricks, blowing into the mic port, removing and re-installing, etc.....I don't have any problems with the power button and the screen sensitivity and clarity are not a big issue but the muffled echo call quality is a game changer. I have reached out to LP via their Facebook page and the instructed me to contact their customer support team tomorrow. I'll give them a chance but right now I'm very disappointed, it really seams that they missed the mark this time!

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for another option try the Preserver series by Otterbox. I haven't seen many people review or even they have one. Odd thing is Otterbox bought lifeproof. The non consumer reviews of the Preserver series are hard to find too. Might be because I think it is still so new. Which is also odd, because I believe they started being sold right after buying lifeproof.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Well after a couple of day of using this case, I'm taking it back to the store for a refund. I got tired of everybody saying that I sound like I'm in a tunnel, even though the echoing went away after you opened the charging flap. So I give the lifeproof fre a solid fail.

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So I reached out to Lifeproof today and spoke with customer service (excellent CS experience, the rep was extremely nice and sounded apologetic for the case problems I was having) apparently they're very aware that there is an issue with this case and they're working on a fix. The rep offered to place me on a list to be contacted and sent a replacement case as soon as the fix is put into production. She assured me that they were working on the problem and that a new/replacement case should be available within 2-4 weeks.
I really think LP is a great company and trust that they will get this problem corrected ASAP. I'm willing to get by with this case until they send me the new one.

The funny part was that when I called I had my case on (for a little bit of effect I must admit) and the agent was like "hello, I'm sorry I'm having trouble hearing you....are we connected I'm getting an echo" so then I flipped the charger door open and was like "And that's the reason I'm calling" :)

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sending mine back. spoke to there CS this afternoon she was great and sent me a label to send this case back ... She also advised that she thought that a Nuud case would be coming but she couldn't confirm for certain. I'm really hoping the Preserver case will be at WalMart or Best Buy this weekend. I really need a heavy duty case.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm sending mine back. spoke to there CS this afternoon she was great and sent me a label to send this case back ... She also advised that she thought that a Nuud case would be coming but she couldn't confirm for certain. I'm really hoping the Preserver case will be at WalMart or Best Buy this weekend. I really need a heavy duty case.

I've read that the charge port on the preserver is impossible to open while the case is on the phone. Did you order the $59. recon case up?

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've read that the charge port on the preserver is impossible to open while the case is on the phone. Did you order the $59. recon case up?
No didn't order the Recon yet going to get the Preserver first and give it a try before running back to the Recon. But I'll be honest I really regret selling mine.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
No didn't order the Recon yet going to get the Preserver first and give it a try before running back to the Recon. But I'll be honest I really regret selling mine.
Otterbox has a deal where you get a $20.-$30 drybox when you purchase the preserver. Let me know how the preserver turns out?