So now that the S5 Lifeproof is out

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried to talk to anybody on speakerphone but I can tell you that everybody that I have talked to with the case on can hear me clear as if the phone wasn't in the case.

Posted via Android Central App

Great! 👍

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Spoke with a customer service rep today after my third try with the Fre and was told that he had received email stating the new version that fixes the call issues is now available. He is sending me the new version out now.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Received my Otterbox Preserver today. Works like a champion, no echo on callers end. Sound quality is terrific. Only issue is you need a nail file or something to that effect to open the charging port on the S5 due to the depth of the Preserver, even with that quirk it's not a deal breaker for me. This is a keeper.

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I checked with Lifeproof just now and here's the info I received:

e3y9apem.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I checked with Lifeproof just now and here's the info I received:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/e3y9apem.jpg

I have been in touch with lifeproofs, customer service and they told me that they have fixed the issue with the echoing and will be processing my replacement claim within 24 to 48 hours. I had to send them a picture and a brief description of what is going on. Hopefully they will send me a good case so that I don't have to spend time and more money to get the preserver

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So I stand corrected, or actually the first rep I talked to does. I actually called into customer support and you are correct. I had to do the same thing, take a pic with info on a post it in the pic. But now I supposedly have a new working case on the way...Let's hope they get it right this time!

Larry Dowdell

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I received my replacement case, and I am still having the echo problem when talking to someone, so guess I will call them in the morning and tell them to send me yet another case until they send me one that works

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
For those having echo problems, my brother had that problem with his GS4 and the Lifeproof fre.

He got rid of that echo after turning the nose reduction feature off.
1403935282909.jpg
I guess you guys could try, it doesn't hurt.

Sent From Another Galaxy

princessj

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the lifeproof fre case with tempered glass. Typing on it sucks cause i have to tap the screen harder than normal. Also if I don't pull the flap that covers the charging port the person on the other end hears an echo noise. I am debating on returning the case for a otterbox defender.

slade stone

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
For most situations wireless charging is an option use a QI receiver just google it specific to the s5. I've purchase from amazon for my s3,4,note 3 and they work fine. The benefit of these are that it does not affect the physical dimensions so you able to use any case for the s5.

I have the samsung and a nokia purchased at verizon I find that the Nokia charges faster and tends to have better charging connectivity even with ruggedized cases, UAG, Trident, Otterbox, I'm a phone...well overall geek minus the pocket protector.

The beauty about the samsun is that it uses a micro usb so I have one mounted using velcro I purchased from walmart to use in my vehicle you obviously have to find a suitable location but I guess using the tradition cla in the car is much safer.

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Larry,
I too got my replacement and also still have the echoing and poor audio issues. I'm very disappointed as it seems that the company has just sent us another identical case hoping that we got lucky and actually got one that worked. Poor customer service in my opinion. I also see that the cases have been taken of their website, apparently they realize there's still a problem.

ckali7

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Round three.....Lifeproof sending me my third replacement case. They say this time that they have actually made changes to the design. Well see.....

Jgallamore

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Round three.....Lifeproof sending me my third replacement case. They say this time that they have actually made changes to the design. Well see.....

I emailed their CS mailbox asking if the case had been updated and the rep was oblivious to the echo issues.

Let us know if they actually made any changes. I will be upgrading 8/2 to an S5, I currently have the Preserver on order through Amazon, but was more interested in the Lifeproof until I read about the issues it was having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34