Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases compatible with wireless charging back

I just got the replacement back on the S5 to make it qi wireless charging capable. However, this makes the phone slightly thicker than the standard back, and thus my Spigen Neo Hybrid case no longer fits. I have looked everywhere to find a case that works with the thicker phone, but haven't had any luck. Has anyone found anything that works?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: Cases compatible with wireless charging back

There are already a couple threads about this just a few posts down. Galaxy S5 Wireless charger bump case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Diztronic that doesn't quite work perfectly, but is OK. I did heat it up with a heat gun to stretch it a little, and that helps, but the fit is still not perfect. However, it is OK. I am still using it, as it is one of my favorite cases.

Unfortunately, some cases does not fit with the wireless charging back cover. While some cases may fit, being that users makes some slight modification to make it fit. However, I find it that the bumper cases works best. If you follow the link above where northern.dj posted, there are some cases that will fit.

I am currently using an aluminum bumper case on mine and fits perfectly well with the wireless charging cover on. The aluminum bumper case is fitted with rubberized padding to protect the sides of the phone from being scratched and does not affect any reception issues.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Your best bet is a Bumper style case and most should work. I'll know personally on Thursday but one user here has said that the Belkin Bumper works with the S5 Charging Cover with no issues.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...d=abcat0811002

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)