Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless Car Dock

I was thinking about buying the iottie wireless qi car dock for my gs5. Anyone have any experience with them, or any recommendations for a different one?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts

Default Re: Wireless Car Dock

I have a Choe Tech. I originally had problems with it disconnecting and reconnecting, but I switched the usb cable i was using and it seems to work fine now. I went with Choe Tech because the iottie cost too much to try out.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, i'll look into it. Does it bounce a lot while you are driving or anything like that? I was looking more into the iottie, and saw that the actual arm of the thing isn't as sturdy as their other models. I am going to find out if I can attach the qi dock part to a better arm. . .

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went ahead and bought the iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Car Dock. For the receiver I got the "Fone Salesman S5 SlimPWRcard.

Firstly, the receiver. It's the .5mm one, so it is pretty slim. I still notice a slight bump in the middle of the battery cover, but it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it, so that's good. I lined it up with the two prongs and stuck it to my battery.

I pulled out the car dock and plugged it in. Put my phone on the dock and it started charging! Very exciting! Anyway. I installed the car dock in my car, sticky suction cup was very sticky. I am not at all worried that this will come loose. That's good. I haven't driven around with it, but it seems pretty sturdy. The biggest negative is that my car doesn't have a great place for the thing. Also, if you use fingerprint scanner, it may suck. There is a 1" wide prong that the phone sits on, and it pretty much is the same width of the home button which makes it very difficult to use the scanner to unlock your phone. I may ditch the scanner, or see if the phone has an option to not power off the screen automatically when charging. You also need two hands to remove the phone from the dock, but I'm not worried about that, because that's also how my GS3 needed to be removed from its dock. I will report back with any other findings. If you guys have any questions about this dock, just let me know and I will try to answer them!

I have the regular Choe Tech wireless charger which gets my phone pretty warm. I'm concerned that that's going to be an issue in the car too, especially since it's in the sun a lot of the time, and make it overheat.

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts

I have my ChoeTech attached to the air vent, so no overheating.