Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,168 Global Posts

Default Commuter vs Slim Armor

Hey I am a otterbox user have been for years. Been recently hearing about the spigen slim armor and wad wondering how it compares next to the otterbox commuter from someone who has tried both. I was looking on amazon and the slim armor seems cheaper so just wanted a good comparison.

Default Re: Commuter vs Slim Armor

Otter Box = awesome protection but a bit less appealing

Spigen slim armor = good protection with a nice design. (Would be my choice)

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,168 Global Posts

Yeah I picked up the slim armor. Wicked case

I got the Spigen case as well. It is actually very sturdy for a case that is light on the wallet. I feel it is very protective, has the raised bumps along the bezel line and with a screen protector, your device would be fully protected.

Aaaaand it looks so sexy! :P

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Only bad thing about the Spigen (Tough Armor ) case is it's slippery .

I've ALWAYS had Otterbox cases for the phones I had cases for. This is my first Spigen case, I invested in theie Tough Armor case.
    The Otterboxes were all rugged, and had this nice non-smooth finish. It made gripping the phone great, and make the potential of the phone sliding on an gently inclined surface virtually null. Long story short, I've always been happy.

The Spigen case, is smooth, but the rubber on the corners and top and bottom of the phone help it not slide too easily, but the metal-like back does make it slippery on some sides. The Spigen case is also smaller than the Otterbox.

Honestly, between the 2, the Otterbox feels like a more secure case, but it's because it feels like there's more material surrounding the phone, where as the Spigen simply has less. But in all, the difference doesn't feel huge. If you want protection with little regard to look; Otterbox. If you want protection but want it to look good; Spigen.
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)