Need Case suggestions for S5 with Charging back already on it

alp44

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi All. Just got my new VZ Samsung Galaxy S5 today. (My S3 literally fried itself) I also have on it the official charging back on it, and have the charging base as well. Now I can't figure out what case to get for it. The cases I have found either don't fit, or have their own charging plate/chip on it (which I don't need or want) Reviews/descriptions are sketchy and don't really mention if cases fit the modified S5.

Anyone have any suggestions for cases that are slim, and will allow wireless charging? I'm stymied. I ordered 3 cases and all are a bust.

Thank you in advance.:confused:

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
thanks. Will check it out, although one of the cases I got was Diztronic and doesn't cover the edges...

You need to order the Diz that they specifically made for the S5 with the OEM charging back. It fits like a glove.

The only other option I know of is the OEM Samsung case for the S5, which actually does fit the S5 with the OEM charging back even though that isn't advertised. I've use both cases. I like the feel of the Diz TPU but some folks find it slippery. The Sammy is silicone rubber and silicone rubber cases are much more grippy than TPU. Check with your friends and see if you can find one of each to compare how they feel to you (the cases, not your friends). If you prefer the silicone rubber, you can save some money on the Samsung case by ordering it from Staples with in-store delivery at your nearest store. When I did that it was $15.

Ted

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the Diztronic case. It does fit the Qi wireless charging back if you order the right one (they have 2 versions available). It fits nicely and feels ok in the hand.

Leonardo Sanchez2

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi can I add that I'm currently using the otter box defender with my galaxy s5 with wireless charging back but you have to rig up the case a little bit and one thing to note it doesn't snap on but it works fine I had dropped my phone from high and it stays in place. What I did I took off the screen protector it has because it's thick and got one for the actual phone they thinner then I took off that little cloth that is in the back cover of the plastic one and put them together they don't snap but the silicone cover it comes with will do its job and hold them together just make sure the corners of the silicone one are snapped in place and there you have it you can't even tell the plastic cover are not snapped in

Posted via the Android Central App

StevenBaker

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If you are looking out for a suggestion then may be be you can purchase wireless charging cover, it is useful in the office as well as for your home use.

Rob Lz

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I did the same thing but instead of taking off the screen protector I removed the inner liner inside the back cover. Seems to be just fine with the rubber cover holding everything together nicely. Best of all worlds I'd say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz