Wired headsets

Freedogshere

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had my S5 for about 2 months now and I love it. I've been using the wired headsets that came with the phone and they work well but they hurt my ears after a couple of hours of useage. I really want to replace them with on ear cans and maintain the convenience of the three button controls and the mic for answering calls. I've read that headsets designed for the Iphone will work on the S5 but not other android phones. Other sites say that they wont. Bluetooth won't work because I understand that the soundtrack becomes out of sync when watching videos. I've been researching this for three weeks now and cannot find a definitive answer on what will work. My budget is 40 to 75 bucks. I can't imagine that I'm the only person that wants a decent wired on ear headset with 3 button controls and a mic that will work on the S5. If someone can help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Freedogshere

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
OK, there's no movement here so I guess I'll post my experience here for the next person that asks the same question. So, I'm still doing my research and so far, not so good. I was in a Best Buy last weekend and tried the Sol Tracks and I can verify that the pause button works but the volume does not. Of course, the girl that was helping me was very cute but otherwise worthless and her manager didn't have a clue either. He wouldn't let me try the headphones so I had to buy them, try them, and then return them. Mind you, not only did I not leave the store but I never stepped away from the counter. The manager cited some ridiculous policy about hygiene issues associated with my trying the headphones. Pure idiocy.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, there's no movement here so I guess I'll post my experience here for the next person that asks the same question. So, I'm still doing my research and so far, not so good. I was in a Best Buy last weekend and tried the Sol Tracks and I can verify that the pause button works but the volume does not. Of course, the girl that was helping me was very cute but otherwise worthless and her manager didn't have a clue either. He wouldn't let me try the headphones so I had to buy them, try them, and then return them. Mind you, not only did I not leave the store but I never stepped away from the counter. The manager cited some ridiculous policy about hygiene issues associated with my trying the headphones. Pure idiocy.

Were they ear buds? If so that's normal policy at nearly every store. I was told this by a good friend at an ATT store years ago.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I had a iPhone 5 before the S5 so had a lot of good headsets for it. None of the iPhone headsets could control the volume on the S5. Would love to get a quality earbud that would control my S5.