Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wcc7777777
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Has anyone had any experience with this system?

It is a 3200mAh battery (which Samsung calls standard to the S5...) that comes with a charging case. This case holds the battery while also giving it a way to charge it without using your phone. I believe the charger takes a micro USB, though I don't understand why seeing how the S5 uses a USB 3.0 charger that can handle USB 2.0. But I didn't make this product...

I think it is a really cool idea and I am about to jump on it, as it is around $40.00 on Amazon, down from the $50.00 on Samsung's website.

If you have any experience with it, please share!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S5 Extra Battery System-screenshot_2014-09-04-18-49-55.jpg  
    John Ball1 likes this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Extra Battery System

Be careful that's it is not a counter fit battery...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by AshManMB View Post
    Be careful that's it is not a counter fit battery...

I appreciate the concern, and I definitely shared it before I bought into it. The reviews are 1 1-Star, 3 2-Stars, 9 4-Stars, and around 35-40 5-Stars. The only one star review was a guy who didn't know what he was talking about, calling the charger an HTMI mini 3.0, and the listing never said anything about a charger. Same way with the 2 stars. So it seems legit. And I made a mistake, the 3200 mAh was for the Note3 battery, not the S5.

Just saying to be careful, a lot of fakes out there. If I were to buy the Samsung omega charger with battery kit. I would buy direct from Samsung VA anywhere else to be safe...

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

I bought one back in June . It's setting on my dresser . I picked it up when I was going to Watkins Glen for the weekend . Didn't end up using it . The camper had outlets to charge the phone . The Battery charger uses the cable and adapter from your phone to charge . Or you can also use any Micro USB2.0

the 3200 mAh was for the Note3 battery, S5 is 2800mah.please be careful .
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by kitty start View Post
    the 3200 mAh was for the Note3 battery, S5 is 2800mah.please be careful .
    Quote Originally Posted by AshManMB View Post
    Just saying to be careful, a lot of fakes out there. If I were to buy the Samsung omega charger with battery kit. I would buy direct from Samsung VA anywhere else to be safe...

No worries, it all turned out ok, and a few things were mistakenly my fault. When I said 3200 mAh and micro USB, I was looking at the Note 3 system on Samsung's website on accident. And I agree with the buy from Samsung's website approach, but the reviews seemed to pull me in and despite the risk, it did turn out ok. But thanks guys.

I bought one for my S5. I have 3 batteries now. I leave one in the charger as a spare and take 2 with me always. I use my phone as a tablet too since I went back to school. When I get home I switch them and always have a fresh battery in my phone. It's much better than having an external battery since I have a fresh battery in about 20 seconds instead of having to wait for the battery to charge. It really comes in handy when u get home, get dressed to go out and pop in a full battery.

It doesn't over charge the battery like the aftermarket chargers do.

T-Mobile White Galaxy S5

I purchased these batteries with a charger...I do have an authentic genuine Samsung spare battery charging system...the model number of these batteries is BG900BBC. ..the ones that came with my phone end in BBU. ..they also say nfc but I can't feel or see the chip...also, when I scan the data matrix code, it shows up with the serial number...could someone tell me if these could be fake?

Quote Originally Posted by jabman13 View Post
    I purchased these batteries with a charger...I do have an authentic genuine Samsung spare battery charging system...the model number of these batteries is BG900BBC. ..the ones that came with my phone end in BBU. ..they also say nfc but I can't feel or see the chip...also, when I scan the data matrix code, it shows up with the serial number...could someone tell me if these could be fake?
    The slightly different part number isn't a concern. If you bought it directly from Samsung then it should be authentic. Somewhere else out depends

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

231388218420 this is the eBay item number..with pictures... are those boxes from Samsung real or could they just be counterfeit?

I wouldn't buy a Samsung extra battery kit from eBay. Too many fakes going around.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Bought mine here on AC.... This way I know it's not a fake one

The panda has spoken
    the panda has spoken

I bought mine at best buy....no worries about a fake one. Don't forget they price match so same price as the Internet without the wait and if anything goes goes wrong, instant return.

T-Mobile White Galaxy S5

I'm with the other folks suggesting to try and get your accessories from legit sources as often as possible. Samsung stores are the best place to get your gear from.

But they are the most expensive places too. Full retail pricing sucks!

T-Mobile White Galaxy S5