I'm terrified I'm gonna break my phone - HELP!

lavykins

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the samsung galaxy s5 after I dropped my current, more durable phone for the Nth time, (I'm thinking around 500~) I've dropped this thing on concrete, asphalt at a run, and hard tile floor and the last time it finally took some significant damage. I didn't have a case on it, because the phone was so cheap it was cheaper to replace than it was to buy a case and it held up so well to my abuse.

I'm getting the S5 now for an upgrade and I'm terrified I'm going to break it within a year. I have no insurance or anyway to replace it if it breaks, I need something that will help this phone survive the Armageddon that is me.

I was recommended lifeproof from a few people but after looking up reviews apparently the phone is too hard to hear with it on. I was also considering tempered glass screens + a wallet case like maybe the otterbox commuter wallet but I need something *incredibly* durable. The other thing is though, that I have very, very small hands so I'm a little afraid of the excess bulk? But I'm FAR more afraid of smashing my phone to bits, so protection > everything else including looks.

Can anyone make any recommendations for the strongest, most protective case? Am I gonna destroy this thing no matter what?

MgDivenire

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
just don't worry and don't think to that. it's a piece of plastic, glass and metal. don't worry too much and don't carry it always with you :)

lavykins

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
just don't worry and don't think to that. it's a piece of plastic, glass and metal. don't worry too much and don't carry it always with you :)

I DO always carry it with me, I have anxiety and having my phone nearby is a really big comfort so it comes with me basically everywhere. I really don't want a broken screen or an unusable phone, but unfortunately I am a huge klutz. I'm hoping someone out there is as hard on their technology and knows of a case that can save my phone from my terrible habits. Price is not an issue, I'll spend up to 100 dollars on a case that can prevent my phone from being turned into a paperweight.

MgDivenire

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I use simple trasparent silicon case, it's really strong and protective and my phone remain intacts after a fall.
I have a BlackBerry Z10 it's a really indistructible phone.

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 4, 4s... now the 5. I've never to this day dropped my phone or bumped it into anything. Then again I'm SO OCD about it.... (Knocks on wood)

I already bought my rubber white poka dot case for my white galaxy s5.... and the diamond glitter screen protector.

C'mon Sunday! =]

Btw... I changed my profile picture to the case I bought. I guess I'm the artsy type.

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the samsung galaxy s5 after I dropped my current, more durable phone for the Nth time, (I'm thinking around 500~) I've dropped this thing on concrete, asphalt at a run, and hard tile floor and the last time it finally took some significant damage. I didn't have a case on it, because the phone was so cheap it was cheaper to replace than it was to buy a case and it held up so well to my abuse.

I'm getting the S5 now for an upgrade and I'm terrified I'm going to break it within a year. I have no insurance or anyway to replace it if it breaks, I need something that will help this phone survive the Armageddon that is me.

I was recommended lifeproof from a few people but after looking up reviews apparently the phone is too hard to hear with it on. I was also considering tempered glass screens + a wallet case like maybe the otterbox commuter wallet but I need something *incredibly* durable. The other thing is though, that I have very, very small hands so I'm a little afraid of the excess bulk? But I'm FAR more afraid of smashing my phone to bits, so protection > everything else including looks.

Can anyone make any recommendations for the strongest, most protective case? Am I gonna destroy this thing no matter what?

I would recommend the Otterbox Defender Series case or Trident Kraken AMS Case. My dad has the s3, he's a lift engineer and is constantly dropping his phone - I believe he has the Otterbox Defence case and swears by it. The phone is still in great condition. The Otterbox and Trident Kraken cases come with three layers of protection so I think they're your best bet :) good luck :D