Getting a Gear Fit, a few questions

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

Im thinking of buying a Gear fit to help me with my power walking and exersize to match my S5, but I have some questions:

All the reviews Ive read have all been from when the fit was first released and alot of reviews say The pedometer and the calories measuring wasnt very accurate, but I know both the Gear fit Manager and watch itself have had a few updates. Do you find it more accurate after these updates?.

How is the watch strap, does it hold together ok as Ive read that the 2 pins can work themselves loose from the main strap on its own. Has anyone had any issues with this

Am I right in thinking, the Gear fit records everything and I can just download the data into S Health when I finish.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I find the gear fit to be relatively accurate as compared to my old fitbit force and my polar heart rate monitor. The band is holding up fine for me and has made no attempt to fall off. And yes, everything syncs to s health.

Jim_R

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't resist grabbing a Gear Fit at $99, and have been using it for a few days now. I'm liking it most for Notifications, although my expectations were more for a fitness tool. I cannot comment on how accurate the pedometer is, and the limitations surrounding most aerobic activities are well documented. I will say that when working out with a good sweat and my heart rate up there, I have not had good success getting a heart rate reading. One, the manual says to be still which I do not do for more than a minute in a work out, and two the time the Fit took to get a reading seemed to be longer than the short breaks I take. Somewhat limiting, but heart rate monitoring was not the primary reason I bought it. I will say that I have had no problem getting readings outside of these more strenuous activities.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
When i had the gear fit i compared it to my polar and it was accurate enough. I used it for running and for my insanity workouts. I turned the watch onto the underside of my wrist and tightened it down a little more than normal. Nothing uncomfortable. Put the exercise mode to running and did insanity workouts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2