Finally! A decent case that works with the OEM wireless charging back!

cliffclaventoo

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
My turn to give back since I have read A LOT about this subject on here. I might even do a review if I have the time!

I bought the Incipio Dual Pro Shine case, for my Galaxy S5 with the WIRELESS CHARGING BACK. As we all know by now it is next to impossible to find a case that fits this phone with the Wireless charging. I contacted all of the major case manufacturers and they don't know anything about their products. I went to the AT&T store(after going to VZN, Sprint, Tmobile and many other stores in the mall, I hate AT&T!) and went through ALL of their cases and nothing, not pelican, otter, lifeproof, spigen, belkin etc etc and came upon this case. I had never heard of this brand since I loved the otterbox commuter cases. It was love at first sight. It is identical to the Otterbox commuter case except that it fits!

I have the Diztronic on it's way which I will be returning since it isn't of the best quality.

Since I will never buy another product from AT&T again after they throttled my account after being the highest priced provider and me being a loyal customer for over 10 years and having an unlimited data plan, I went home and checked online for it. Best buy had it for $17 (AT&T had it $40) so I ordered it to the nearest store, no in-store. I went yesterday to the store to pick it up and it fits perfectly and charges ofcourse! It is a dual case, rubber on the inside and hard shell on the outside. I haven't dropped it yet but it feels safe enough for me.

Please fell free to ask any questions.

20141024_135721.jpg20141024_135721.jpg20141024_135721.jpg20141024_140239.jpg20141024_140003.jpg20141024_140122.jpg20141024_140317.jpg

Last edited:

peteramollica

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Great post. Does this case provide a clear cover for the screen like the Otterbox Defender?

I love the Defender but I would love to add wireless charging to my S5.

Posted via the Android Central App

cliffclaventoo

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It does not provide a clear cover like the defender case, it is more like the commuter case, a lower level of protection.. I bought the Zagg glass screen protector(awesome) for the first time and I love it!

Leonardo Sanchez2

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi can I add that I'm currently using the otter box defender with my galaxy s5 with wireless charging back but you have to rig up the case a little bit and one thing to note it doesn't snap on but it works fine I had dropped my phone from high and it stays in place. What I did I took off the screen protector it has because it's thick and got one for the actual phone they thinner then I took off that little cloth that is in the back cover of the plastic one and put them together they don't snap but the silicone cover it comes with will do its job and hold them together just make sure the corners of the silicone one are snapped in place and there you have it you can't even tell the plastic cover are not snapped in

mikemcq1

May 11, 2012
Visit site
How does the back compare to the OEM in terms of surface texture?

I use mine on a AirDock wireless charger and it "sticks" to it. As you know, the OEM has that band-aid like texture. Would you say this case has a smoother texture? The smoother/glossier, the better for me.

cliffclaventoo

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The incipio dual pro shine case is a slippery case..moves in and out of the pocket smoothly and not sticky like most rubber cases

T-mobile white galaxy s5

winscott63

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I actually have this case for the S4 and I love it. I have dropped my phone with it on on several occasions and does a great job of protecting your phone.

Shadowhawk

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I love this case for it's slimness and grippiness:
CandyShell Grip Samsung Galaxy S5 Cases

Pretty sure it won't fit the wireless charging back, though, so I'll need another case.

Is this the case you're talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-DualP...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4549808

The first question in the Q&A section suggests that that one won't fit the charging back...If that's not the one you mean, could you please post a link to the one you are talking about?

Thanks!
=> Edwin