3.0 micro usb. It is worth it?

Tom Bradburn

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Both my Mum (I'm British) and Sister have a Galaxy s5 both of them struggle to get through the whole day without charging their phone and are usually in a rush when they charge it, so for Christmas I thought of getting them a 3.0 usb cable but I've read that if the plug supports 2.0 then there wouldn't be any change in the speed. The plug is the same one that was shipped with the phone. Will it be 2.0 or 3.0? Am I just wasting my money or would it work?

muzichead

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I received a 3.0 cable with my new S5 and charging time from a 25% battery takes about 30-45 minutes to completely charge. I thought it was a fluke til I tried the old 2.0 cable I had for my S3 and it took about 4hrs to completely charge the phone. You might also check the charging block the cable plugs into. I think the new blocks are rated for 2amp. My old one for the S3 I think was a 1amp. Hope this helps.

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
It should be the same if using the same rated capacity charger. USB 3 and USB 2 utilizes the same two conductor wires.

Variation in charge time will depend on battery condition or device amp draw due to apps running.

Old rocker on Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37