Who is enjoying the S5 Active?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I currently have a pretty good phone but I have to admit, the S5 Active is really pulling at me for some reason. My daughter has one and while I don't necessarily need the protective features of it (I NEVER drop, fold, spindle, or mutilate my phone), I just really like the look and feel of this phone. I'm thinking VERY seriously of pulling the trigger on it tomorrow.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Update: Picked me up a gun metal grey active this morning and so far I really like it. I haven't had it long enough to give a comprehensive opinion but so far I'm liking it a LOT.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded to one yesterday morning (the camo one). I love it so far! Although, I don't plan on dropping mine or submerging it in water, but I love the feel of it in my hand. It's a big step going from the S3 to this. I got my boyfriend one also, he spent all day trying to figure it out. Hah! I even tried the ultra power saving mode, and my phone stayed at 9% for 10 hours until I decided to charge it. I made the switch due to my boyfriend having battery drain issues after the S3 received the 4.4 update (and mine wouldn't update at all) and he's relieved to see that this phone lasts forever on one charge.

Last edited:

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I just upgraded to one yesterday morning (the cameo one). I love it so far! Although, I don't plan on dropping mine or submerging it in water, but I love the feel of it in my hand. It's a big step going from the S3 to this. I got my boyfriend one also, he spent all day trying to figure it out. Hah! I even tried the ultra power saving mode, and my phone stayed at 9% for 10 hours until I decided to charge it. I made the switch due to my boyfriend having battery drain issues after the S3 received the 4.4 update (and mine wouldn't update at all) and he's relieved to see that this phone lasts forever on one charge.

I actually came from another high end phone to this, not because I didn't like it or it didn't work (great phone). I'm just the type that needs to try new things on a regular basis and like you, I love the feel of this phone in my hand. very solid. I also never drop my phone (seriously) and I certainly have no plans to have it go swimming. I just really like the look and feel.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I actually came from another high end phone to this, not because I didn't like it or it didn't work (great phone). I'm just the type that needs to try new things on a regular basis and like you, I love the feel of this phone in my hand. very solid. I also never drop my phone (seriously) and I certainly have no plans to have it go swimming. I just really like the look and feel.
Only problem is turning on the screen when in pocket and it randomly going to all sorts of apps.

I'd like to see what the under water pictures would look like, but I'm not comfortable with my phone going under water, even if it's able to.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you there. The Rep at the AT&T store said he actually took his underwater to take pictures. Brave guy but he did say it worked great.

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this sounds overly simplistic but I've found that since it's a flat back phone I can put it in my pocket screen out and never have a tap on issue. Might be a risk for impact but hey that region is always at risk of impact. :-!

Only problem is turning on the screen when in pocket and it randomly going to all sorts of apps.

I'd like to see what the under water pictures would look like, but I'm not comfortable with my phone going under water, even if it's able to.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk