Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector for the S5 Active?

Is anyone with the S5 Active using a screen protector? I used the HTC One (M7) for well over a year without one and had no issues - not even those tiny hairline scratches. So, I'm not so sure they are really that necessary anymore if you're somewhat careful (ex: don't put it in your pocket with anything else)...

Default Re: Screen protector for the S5 Active?

I watched a scratch test on the S5 (the Active has the same glass) on YouTube and it seemed to hold it's own when being scratched up with a key. It finally did start showing minor hairline scratches after being scratched up with a knife though. It's Gorilla Glass 3, so it's made to be resistant to a lot of every day use. Though, I always have felt more comfortable with a glass screen protector on any phone I own, even if the screen is made to take hard objects hitting it.
    Thanked by:
    pjniez 

BodyGuardz Pure Tempered Glass Screen Protector and I love it. I don't even know it is there.

Notslow. ... I see the S5 cover on the Bodyquardz website but not a screen cover for the S5 Active. .can you put up a link please

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by pjniez View Post
    Is anyone with the S5 Active using a screen protector? I used the HTC One (M7) for well over a year without one and had no issues - not even those tiny hairline scratches. So, I'm not so sure they are really that necessary anymore if you're somewhat careful (ex: don't put it in your pocket with anything else)...
    Nope. Hate them and never use them. Of course, I'm very protective of my phone and don't mistreat it. Just like new every day.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

This is more of a personal preference thing. I don't have the S4 Active, but use a screen protector on my devices. For me, it's the added peace of mind, and having it on does not bother me.

I purchased the Luvvit tempered glass protector because I had noticed on other tempered glass protectors the oleophobic coating was better than stock. This turned out to be true for my S5 active, I do actually "Luvvit."

Use this search string in Amazon, it's bit pricey but I'm very happy.
    LUVVITT® Samsung Galaxy S5 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - Crystal Clear (Only for Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - not compatible with regular S5)

Quote Originally Posted by thepktrckt View Post
    I purchased the Luvvit tempered glass protector because I had noticed on other tempered glass protectors the oleophobic coating was better than stock. This turned out to be true for my S5 active, I do actually "Luvvit."

Use this search string in Amazon, it's bit pricey but I'm very happy.
    LUVVITT® Samsung Galaxy S5 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - Crystal Clear (Only for Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - not compatible with regular S5)
    I seen that the other night on Amazon. I may get one if they're as good as you say

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active user

Quote Originally Posted by notslow View Post
    BodyGuardz Pure Tempered Glass Screen Protector and I love it. I don't even know it is there.
    I also have this one on my S5 Active.

It was pricey but I love it! You can't even tell tell there is a screen protector on it. Its just as smooth as the stock glass.

I highly recommend it.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I have the bodyguardz. I dropped my phone once and it cracked. The lifetime replacements comes with a fee. I wish I had known that before I bought it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by BATComm1 View Post
    Notslow. ... I see the S5 cover on the Bodyquardz website but not a screen cover for the S5 Active. .can you put up a link please

Posted via the Android Central App
    Well... Unfortunately, I found a tiny scratch in the coating on my S5 Active.

So I ended up getting the Bodyguardz tempered glass protector from one of the local AT&T stores. This screen protector wasn't on Bodyguardz's website a while ago. But, it is there now:
    http://www.bodyguardz.com/brands/samsung?devices=2183

So I've used the S5 without a screen protector for several weeks before getting the Bodyguardz. Overall, I guess is say I'm satisfied for the most part. My only complaint is that I have a tougher time seeing the display in the sun compared to before putting the Bodyguardz on. Even with the display going into the Ultra-bright mode.

Granted... that once I take my sunglasses off, in can see the display just fine. But before putting the Bodyguardz on the phone, I could see the display just fine even with my sunglasses on!

Tech21 Impactology screen protectors are good.Go to their site and watch the video