So I cracked the screen on my S5 active...

Mlg9982

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I know lifeproof makes a case for the s5active however I have only see them at AT&T store.... Also they now make the glass screen protector which will break before the actual screen and those come with a warrenty, not positive but I believe the sales associate said lifetime warranty..... Again not 100% positive but I would double check....also if your willing to repair the screen yourself they sell screen kits for $15 online not sure about instructions with it but there is always YouTube how to videos for that... Oh one more thing if you have the AT&T insurance on your phone depending how long you have had it and how many claims you file your deductible decreases the longer you have it without making a claim

rpsr

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a S5 sport from Sprint . 4 months old and been broken since first 2 weeks. Now the screen has started to leak from the left side. No cracks. Talked with tech support and first thing they started with was that I must have dropped the phone. I told them no drop had happened and what about the "rugged shock proof case " that was on my phone that the sales person and ad suckered me in on. I have to go to the store. Listen to this, they say they have to do a "standard factory reset " again for the 4th or 5th time. Each time I have always lost information, contacts, ect,because they don't know how to back up doo-doo. My phone is encrypted which means I have to take a whole 6-8 hours of my time backing up everything and then decrypting my phone. There is no reason for them to do this to see that the screen is faulty. If they don't fix it I will go to small claims court. I have had it with sprint and this phone which is cursed.

Chase Martin2

May 8, 2015
Visit site
well your not the only one. only having my s5 active for only 2 weeks I managed to shatter the hell out of mind cant even read what I am texting it is so bad. you would think I would learn my lesson this being my 4 phone this year. smartin up and get a case for them but I have also broke them with cases to so, and refuse to buy a big *** bulky outter box case. for someone who has spent close to 7000 bucks on Samsung products this year. Samsung support better help.

I just got mine a week ago and it fell out of my pocket and face first on the ground and spiderweb the screen any suggestions

Serrr

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't do much forums but this needs to be resolved! Samsung DOES NOT state specs for the 5 S Active as shock resistant, HOWEVER... AT&T does!!! AT&T states on their web page that this phone is shock resistant when dropped from 4 or less feet onto a flat surface! LIE! Mine fell on the floor from 1 foot and a 1/2 and cracked the screen! I have hours, days on the phone with Samsung and AT&T to realize that is AT&T who is doing this kind of false advertisement. They first tried to convinced me that it says "resistant" not "proof", but bottom line is that AT&T says they advertise the way they do because Samsung tells them what to say about devices. SO? They have intentional or unintentional bad communication with each other but WE HAVE TO PAY the repair? After having been fooled by AT&T?
I am up for sign a petition if anyone helps me start this!
from samsung page: Device has also passed military specification (MIL-STA-810G) testing against a subset of 18 specific environmental conditions, including temperature, dust and sand, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude.
so, if they say that, it MUST be shock resistant.

now i have a question: do samsung phones generally keep working even if the display is damaged? my xperia z1 compact has got a couple of hairlines and the display is totally unresponsive. i cannot even introduce the pin.
i was trying to decide if buying a z3 compact or a s4 active (i do not find a s5 active used and i cannot pay a new phone). i can find both for more or less the same. the z3 a bit more but, not much.
the z3 is much better in many things and i know them already, i am used, so, all good.
but, i cannot afford the risk that a couple of scratches and all is dead again.
i would rather buy the samsung although i hate samsung.

another question would be, on the sony there are three tastes on the bottom. digital, not real. the right one open a screen with all the active apps.
so, if you use facebook and then press the home and open firefox and then press home and open gmail app, and in the while you listen to music, you can very quickly switch between open apps.
can you do it on samsung too?

thanks

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Shock proof means if you drop it, it won't scramble the insides of the phone.

Shock proof is not the same as impact proof. The impact may break external parts without
harming the internals - it's a matter of semantics.

I've had my S5 Active for a week, and reading this thread is when it first occurred to
me that shock proof and impact resistance are different - I'm glad I read this because
it made me aware that I had better protect the screen from impacts!

Travis Scott1

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got mine a week ago and it fell out of my pocket and face first on the ground and spiderweb the screen any suggestions
I have the s5 activ as well. Got it March 1st and cracked it two weeks later when it fell off a nightstand... then today I was walking and it slipped out of my hand and shattered across the whole screen.. everything still works fine but it's ugly as **** to look at. This phone is supposed to be way better than the galaxy rugby in every way. So far the rugby was way freaking more durable. And they said this was supposed to be the better version of it basicly.

Ian Moe

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Are you joking it looks like its still working pefectly, just keep using it. My just broke and you cant see a thing just blue ink everywhere, your lucky

joshua344

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
i need some help i have a samsung galaxy s6 active that I bought and the lcd is cracked but i still have a warranty on the phone from at&t but the only problem is that i dont have a at&t membership so how can i get the phone fixed?