Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Worried about buttons wearing out?

Are you guys worried about the buttons wearing out over time? I tend to touch then a lot and wonder if this will ever happen. The home button feels a little different then the other 2..

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Worried about buttons wearing out?

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using my S4 for a year and the button is just as clicky as when I got it. I've used other people's S3s and those are fine as well.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using my S4 for a year and the button is just as clicky as when I got it. I've used other people's S3s and those are fine as well.
    I was just worried because the home button just doesn't feel or click as good as the other 2.. Maybe because the button is bigger. .I think I worry too much. LOL

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    I was just worried because the home button just doesn't feel or click as good as the other 2.. Maybe because the button is bigger. .I think I worry too much. LOL
    Have you compared it to any other S5 Actives? I'm not sure how clicky it is, but if it's less than other models it might just be your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Have you compared it to any other S5 Actives? I'm not sure how clicky it is, but if it's less than other models it might just be your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    No I haven't. And the phone and the buttons work fine. Just noticed it just a little easier to press. And doesn't always have that click feel. As long as it's working, I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much..

I'm worried about the GS5's turn off button, it just feels weird.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp Yeo View Post
    I need to stop worrying. I'm driving my wife nuts. Lol After 3 g3, I will just say in happy.lol

No. It never even crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp Yeo View Post
    Yes, it is a little flimsy feeling and WAY to easy to press. It used to turn on all the time in my pocket because it has very little resistance and is so sensitive. Now I have an extremely thin rubber/silicone case on the phone which has fixed the issue.

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

For anyone having problems, try comparing it with other devices. I wouldn't worry much. These devices are tested to last. Although things do break, it's not something to worry about and lessen your enjoying the device. Remember, there's a warranty to cover these types of things. So let that provide some peace and mind when using the device.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I've had this phone for four days and I literally just pressed my back button and the little green mesh on the inside of the arrow is lifted. I can take my finger nail and prob snap it off.

I love this phone but I'm worried if you don't push the button right in the middle that the pressure is gonna force other pieces of the buttons up. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to switch to the regular GS5.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by rpoli86 View Post
    I've had this phone for four days and I literally just pressed my back button and the little green mesh on the inside of the arrow is lifted. I can take my finger nail and prob snap it off.

I love this phone but I'm worried if you don't push the button right in the middle that the pressure is gonna force other pieces of the buttons up. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to switch to the regular GS5.
    Sorry to hear this. Do far I have no issues at all really. I've been trying to also hit them right in the middle. I've only had it 2 weeks. Hopefully it lasts. If you only have had it 4 days, take it back. It's probably a defect. Mine are not lifting at all. Tell them the buttons aren't working right. They should swap it out.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Do far I have no issues at all really. I've been trying to also hit them right in the middle. I've only had it 2 weeks. Hopefully it lasts. If you only have had it 4 days, take it back. It's probably a defect. Mine are not lifting at all. Tell them the buttons aren't working right. They should swap it out.
    AT&T ended up swapping it out for another model. No problems as of yet. Thanks guys.

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts

Hmm I don't think I ever kept a phone long enough for anything to wear out. LoL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy S5 Active w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!
    Thanked by: