Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about YouTube and 1080p videos

When I had my LG G3 It gave me the option under the videos to select 1080p or higher. I have updated my you tube app on my s5 active. But every video I watch even 1080p videos only give me the option to view up to 720p. Any suggestions? Can you guys check and see if yours does the same. .thanks

Global Posts
    6,551 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Question about YouTube and 1080p videos

I have the GS5 and I get the option to watch only up to 1080p.
    The LG G3 has more than that, that's why you had that option on certain videos.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I have the S5 Active and I am able to select 1080p on both wifi and AT&T service. So AT&T is limiting it in my area where we get LTE.

Are you trying this on wifi or via AT&T service. If your having the issue on AT&T service, are you in an LTE area or just 4G?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I have the GS5 and I get the option to watch only up to 1080p.
    The LG G3 has more than that, that's why you had that option on certain videos.
    My S5 actiive only gives me the option up to 720p. I can not find any videos that show 1080p. Can someone send me a link to see if it works? Thanks guys.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by pjniez View Post
    I have the S5 Active and I am able to select 1080p on both wifi and AT&T service. So AT&T is limiting it in my area where we get LTE.

Are you trying this on wifi or via AT&T service. If your having the issue on AT&T service, are you in an LTE area or just 4G?
    I'm trying it on WiFi. Only goes up to 720p.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just a recap guys. I went into the play store and Uninstalled the YouTube up dates. Then preformed the update again. Went back to youtube, and watched the same videos. Now I got 1080p. Perhaps the latest update never took. Even though it said no updates. .Glad it's working now.