GROUP TEXTING - Why doesn't it work on my Galaxy S5 Active??

southbay_mist

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Help! My husband and I both just recently got the Galaxy S5 Active, and the group text feature seems to be non-existent. I send a text message to three friends. When each of them replies to my text, it goes into a separate, individual text string. WHY will those responses not go back into my original group text??? Someone please help, before I go back to the iPhone.... And FYI, I do NOT have an 'Enable Group Texting' feature under Settings-Messages-Multimedia Messages, which apparently owners of the regular S5 (not the Active) have. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I take it you're using the stock massaging app? I have been using textra, or chomp SMS, and haven't had a problem with group messaging.. Might be something with the stock app..

southbay_mist

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks...we both are pretty happy with our phones, after being lifelong iPhone users. But damn, this group texting is a serious pain! I will look into other texting apps...even though I think it's silly that the stock app doesn't do it!! :)

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Help! My husband and I both just recently got the Galaxy S5 Active, and the group text feature seems to be non-existent. I send a text message to three friends. When each of them replies to my text, it goes into a separate, individual text string. WHY will those responses not go back into my original group text??? Someone please help, before I go back to the iPhone.... And FYI, I do NOT have an 'Enable Group Texting' feature under Settings-Messages-Multimedia Messages, which apparently owners of the regular S5 (not the Active) have. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

I have an Active and I have no problems sending and receiving group texts. Obvious question here - did you call tech support or maybe go into an AT&T store? I use the stock messaging app with no problems. P.S. I did not use a setting for this. It's the default to work as far as I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith