Why does my home button go to Google Now after AT&T Galaxy S5 Active update to 4.4.4?

BATComm1

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Home button goes to Google Now after AT&T Galaxy S5 Active update to 4.4.4

Ok.. I've done all the suggested things to correct this issue... really tired of this problem...this OS needs to be fixed...

Posted via the Android Central App

BATComm1

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

WORK AROUND!!!

Download the "Swipe Up" app from the play store. .blue circle background, once installed hold down your home key choose the Swipe Up as the action "Always" ... that's it.. mine has been working ever since I did this, kinda solves the problem for now..

Posted via the Android Central App

NOLA_J

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my home button go to Google Now after AT&T Galaxy S5 Active update to 4.4.4?

Google causes this problem. There are three steps to fix it.

1. Go to settings - application manager - all - google app. Uninstall updates. This sorts the problem, until of course google automatically updates itself, so...

2. Then open google play. Tap the three lines at the top left corner. Then settings and turn off automatic updates. That will stop the auto update happening.

3. Finally; the repeated tapping of the home button you've been doing has probably messed with the accessibility settings. Go to settings - accessibility - dexterity and interaction - then turn on interaction control. (Why? Because triple clicking the home key turns it off, which many of us have been doing, trying to get back to the home screen).

These three steps worked for me. Back to normal.

I signed up JUST for this problem. I just did everything you said in this post, and when trying to go back to the home screen out of the Accessibility menu, it went to the stupid Google page. So this does not work, at least not for me. I have the regular S5.

I'll try the leaving the battery out for a while thing when I get home from work.. but I'm not optimistic after reading this thread.

CH1224

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my home button go to Google Now after AT&T Galaxy S5 Active update to 4.4.4?

Just found from AT&T that some people have from success from installing the Swipeup Utility app. Not sure, but it seems like this apps sole purpose is to fix this horribly annoying problem. Anyway, I installed it and so far it is working great! You can not do a long tap of home, but I don't care I'm just glad to be able to press home again! The funny part is the app actually tells you "how many times Swipeup has saved you from Google Now: XX"

If you're still having this problem, this app should do the trick, good luck!

Damon Elmore

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

i spoke too soon. It's back to opening google search if i tap the home button normally. If i'm quick to stab at it, things are fine - but wtf?!

So i just installed swipe launch disabler from hairy robot. Fixed the problem!

Install, run the app, then press the home button. Select swipe launch disabler and always, and you're set.
thank you soooo much!!!

Jose Maldonado4

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys, I experienced the same thing and neither AT&T nor Samsung could fixed the issue so I reset my phone to "factory reset" and the problems DISAPPEARED! You need to do this but make sure to back up your phone to Kies3 before you erase all your data!
Good luck to all!

mommy2libras

May 7, 2015
Visit site

I also joined specifically for this stupid problem. I've tried all of the fixes here except that SwipeUp one, which I just installed but I'm not exactly sure how to set it. If I hit the home button now, it just asks me if I want to use SwipeUp or Google and won't bring me to the home screen at all, I just stay on whatever screen I was on. What do I do so that my home button works as an actual home button again? And without having to choose to do it through SwipeUp every time?

Faelan Burr

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Ever since AT&T update a couple of weeks ago my Galaxy S5 Active's buttons have been misbehaving. The home button will take me to Google Now sometimes. Double clicking it works some times other times it doesn't. A restart fixes the issue for a few hours. This is really getting annoying!! Any fix out there??? Anyone tried calling AT&T yet?

Download the SwipeUp Utility app, then set the gesture as "Home Button". Wahlah.

Sarah Davis3

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Ever since AT&T update a couple of weeks ago my Galaxy S5 Active's buttons have been misbehaving. The home button will take me to Google Now sometimes. Double clicking it works some times other times it doesn't. A restart fixes the issue for a few hours. This is really getting annoying!! Any fix out there??? Anyone tried calling AT&T yet?

YES! If you open your settings, go to application manager, then go to the app it keeps redirecting you to, then choose "uninstall updates". I also chose to turn off the notifications, just for good measure. Maybe this helps! It immediately fixed my issue!