04-23-2015 09:29 AM
26 12
tools
    Has anyone received the lollipop update for the S5 active phone?
    04-12-2015 08:08 PM
    Thread moved to S5 Active forum.
    04-12-2015 11:41 PM
    It's out now. Try to check for updates in the settings
    04-15-2015 11:32 PM
    Trying to update now. It's been running for almost 3 hours.
    04-16-2015 12:19 AM
    Trying to update now. It's been running for almost 3 hours.
    Do you have a weak WiFi signal? It's a 1.4GB download, so it may take awhile if you don't have a good connection.
    04-16-2015 01:15 AM
    I updated mine last evening, took 4 1/2 hours to down load and I have very fast internet. And about another 15 minutes to update all apps. I think the servers were busy yesterday so it was slow. So far I haven't had long to really check out the changes. One thing I don't like much is the white background in text and settings, I liked the black background better. If there is a way to change it let me know. I would imagine the black used less power.
    04-16-2015 07:54 AM
    The update finished after about 4 hours. Optimizing the apps took about 30 minutes. The battery life seems to be much better. The white background is annoying to me. So far, so good though.
    04-16-2015 12:32 PM
    Odd. I was downloading it at 2am eastern and it took about an hour to download. Maybe by that time not many around were downloading it? I don't know. I do have to agree about the white background, I miss it being black also. It's not a bad update though and the battery life does seem a bit better, even though I never had a problem before.
    04-16-2015 03:21 PM
    I cleared up space so that I had over 2 GB available. I tried the update again (after having to wait 24 hrs from the first time I tried, SMH) yesterday afternoon. It ran 1 hr, then I heard my phone reset (bing BING bing!) so I figured it was done. Picked it up, "Not enough memory to install this update" WTF? I cleared enough space, but once it downloaded, it checked the space again, and didn't account for itself apparently? So I bought a microSD (needed one anyway), cleared up 6 gb internal. Tried again, "Current Software Up to Date, Please try again in XX Hrs and XX minutes. I went in, changed my date manually, and tried again. This time it worked, but it took almost 3 hrs! By the time I could start it, it was 11pm EST. Didn't get to bed til after 2am! Meanwhile, my wife got the same update on her Alpha, and it took 20 minutes TOTAL. Why?

As far as the update, it definitely runs faster. But I hate the white background in settings. I also hate that it killed my data enabler widget, because of that "third party" BS. Fortunately, it does still let Textra turn it on to receive picture messages, I was concerned about that one. Does anyone know how to pin a setting to the home screen? Since Samsung decided it doesn't need to be an option on the drop down menu?
    04-17-2015 10:16 AM
    Never had an issue with my update. Took just under 2 hours to complete everything

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 01:14 PM
    Have others with at&t S5 active noticed that the pull down notification panel did not update to the new lollipop version?
    04-18-2015 02:21 PM
    Probably will regret, unrooting and installing this, but I did, cuz that's just me, I'm stupid like that. J Not sure how long it took, woke up at 4:30AM CST and it was downloading. Finished now and its installing....fingers crosssed.
    04-19-2015 06:03 AM
    Done....not thrilled with white background...at all! Smooth so far.
    04-19-2015 06:22 AM
    Have others with at&t S5 active noticed that the pull down notification panel did not update to the new lollipop version?
    Mine changed.
    04-19-2015 06:29 AM
    Went to at&t store. All Samsung phones retained previous pull down notification panel in lollipop. Must be a touch wiz thing
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-20-2015 04:03 AM
    I cleared up space so that I had over 2 GB available. I tried the update again (after having to wait 24 hrs from the first time I tried, SMH) yesterday afternoon. It ran 1 hr, then I heard my phone reset (bing BING bing!) so I figured it was done. Picked it up, "Not enough memory to install this update" WTF? I cleared enough space, but once it downloaded, it checked the space again, and didn't account for itself apparently? So I bought a microSD (needed one anyway), cleared up 6 gb internal. Tried again, "Current Software Up to Date, Please try again in XX Hrs and XX minutes. I went in, changed my date manually, and tried again. This time it worked, but it took almost 3 hrs! By the time I could start it, it was 11pm EST. Didn't get to bed til after 2am! Meanwhile, my wife got the same update on her Alpha, and it took 20 minutes TOTAL. Why?

As far as the update, it definitely runs faster. But I hate the white background in settings. I also hate that it killed my data enabler widget, because of that "third party" BS. Fortunately, it does still let Textra turn it on to receive picture messages, I was concerned about that one. Does anyone know how to pin a setting to the home screen? Since Samsung decided it doesn't need to be an option on the drop down menu?
    Ow do you manually change the date? Mine did what yours did and now I have to wait 21 hours even though it says up to date
    04-21-2015 06:16 PM
    Settings - system - date & time - deselect auto update - change day to next day. Change back to auto update after installation.
    04-22-2015 05:23 AM
    I'll have to try that! Thank you! After I find more space. I've moved everything that is available to move to the SD card and same thing, not enough space, not enough space. I'm getting frustrated.
    04-22-2015 05:52 AM
    Yeah, what he said, lol. Also, once I moved all of my pics/videos to the SD card, I had over 6gb available. If you don't have close to that, you must have a LOT of apps, or an app that stores alot of image or video files in a location that isn't obvious.
    04-22-2015 06:52 AM
    I hate this update! I wish I never upgraded!
    04-22-2015 09:10 AM
    What exactly is so bad about it? Haven't gotten the chance to try today but will later.
    04-22-2015 09:18 AM
    Mine downloaded automatically when I got home, and it took a very long time. I've noticed the phone seems to be running faster and/or more efficient. Yeah, there's a few things that are different that I need to get used to now, but for the most part I like it. My only complaint is I can't get the LED to stop flashing, and I've tried all of the settings I can think of. I'm just not a fan of it flashing when I get an email or a missed call, but, hopefully I'll come across the fix some day. Good luck!
    04-23-2015 01:50 AM
    Mine downloaded automatically when I got home, and it took a very long time. I've noticed the phone seems to be running faster and/or more efficient. Yeah, there's a few things that are different that I need to get used to now, but for the most part I like it. My only complaint is I can't get the LED to stop flashing, and I've tried all of the settings I can think of. I'm just not a fan of it flashing when I get an email or a missed call, but, hopefully I'll come across the fix some day. Good luck!
    Finally got it downloaded. Runs smooth and agree faster. Little things as well that changed but happy with it so far. ☺
    04-23-2015 03:55 AM
    So far I'm indifferent about the upgrade. Yes it runs faster, always a plus but I wish there was a way that we as the consumer can pick our own color scheme. The bright orange is hideous.
    04-23-2015 07:38 AM
    I have a turquoise...trade lol
    04-23-2015 07:42 AM
26 12