"Tap and Hold" no longer works?

kimbalaya

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My S5 Active forced an update to 4.4.4 a few weeks ago. I started experiencing the "Home button goes to Google" problem, but I also could no longer do ANYTHING that required Tap and Hold. I can't move icons around on my home screen. I can't delete icons from my home screen. I can't copy/paste. I really miss that function!

Last night it forced an update to 5.0 - YAY now the Home button works properly! They added a function I was hoping for in messaging! Yeah, most of the color schemes suck, but I can deal with that.

It still won't Tap and Hold. And now I screwed up my home screen by trying to clear the cache and data in the TouchWiz thing (following the advice on another website). It added a whole bunch of widgets I don't want, deleted the widgets and shortcuts I DO want... it's awful.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix the Tap and Hold problem??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it was an update that caused the problem, the carrier is responsible for fixing the problem. bring the phone in and ask them to please fix what their update broke. (And don't accept stories - moving icons around on the homescreen wasn't removed in 4.4.4 or Lollipop.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38