Why is my S5 Active randomly muting the sound when streaming through Bluetooth?

Windsetter

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth audio volume issue

Recently my S5 Active has been randomly muting the sound when streaming through Bluetooth. The phone can be sitting on my desk at work or streaming in the car, and suddenly there is no sound. The audio keeps playing, and I can use the volume buttons to raise the volume back up, but it continues to plague me. The frequency of the problem has been occurring more often recently.

Bluetooth connections: Either the Motorola S305 the iSimple adapter in my car, and to a Sony SmartWatch 3. I have disconnected the watch, and it still continues, so that has been ruled out.
Programs: I have had it occur in both Google Music and Pandora
Android version: 5.0 (AT&T is annoyingly stingy on updates)
Occurs whether the phone is on a charger or not.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know of a solution?

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth audio volume issue

No, I haven't had this problem. But when I've had other strange problems with my Bluetooth devices, Unpairing and re-Pairing usually fixes the problem. Give it a try. But it is strange that your having issues with multiple devices at the same time though...

Otherwise, a factory reset may be required. I know... I hate doing that too! But it usually does clear up a lot of issues - especially battery drain issues!

Lastly, is your phone still under warranty? If nothing else works, try to get a replacement phone if it is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using the Tapatalk app

outjet

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Mine however is on an LG G4, and it's been happening to me in Spotify.

As you describe, the BT volume drops to zero, while the music continues playing silently.

I am using JBL E40BTs, and on Android 5.1