Can't update S5 Active

Brad Oxford

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
So, this problem is really starting to **** me off. A LOT. I can not update my S5 Active at all. When I try to do the OTA update, it finds the update, and starts the install. However, it fails at 28%, and reboots to the home screen. I then tried to connect to Kies, which said I was on the latest firmware for my phone. I've tried unrooting, and factory resetting the phone to no avail. Heck, I even tried flashing the update with ODIN. That failed as well. I really am getting frustrated at this point. With Android 6.0 hitting the S5 series any day now, this is bugging me more than ever. I still haven't got to enjoy Android 5.0, or even freaking 4.4! I'm still stuck on 4.4.2. As apps start to upgrade to only support later firmwares, I'm going to have to sell my phone or something. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joe Volpe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem!! Except I have 4.4.4 but will not update 2 lollipop at all. Was told best buy can do it. But from what I've read I'm n I t even sure I want 5.1 or whatever. But Def want 6 so I'm gonna try best buy "samsung experience" kiosk. That's what samsung hdqtrs told me to do.

Posted via the Android Central App

MIke Stanton 1346

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I too had install problems. My AT&T store refused to even try to help. I was able to find a Samsung guy at Best Buy. They installed the update in about 10 minutes and no apps, photos or data was lost.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol