Emails won't clear from status bar after opened on desktop?

k_bean5

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the Galaxy 5s that I love but for 1 year or more now (since I've had the phone) my work emails won't clear from the status bar when I open them on my desktop computer so I've got to swipe them away (or open) on my phone to clear them in status bar. This is my first samsung but on all of the LG's I've had they would clear when opened on computer. I use the email app (not gmail, not outlook) I think it might be the other/corporate email.
Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if the email account uses a POP3 or IMAP server? Since POP3 actually downloads the emails from the server to the phone, reading them on the desktop won't do anything to the notification on the phone. IMAP syncs the phone with the server, so that ought to work. See more info here about POP3 vs IMAP: IMAP vs POP3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long do you wait to see if the notifications go away? You might have to wait a few minutes, depending on how frequently the Email app syncs. The Gmail app is almost instantaneous, but I don't know how quick the Email app is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34