S5 Active failing to send messages - repeatedly

cresent24

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
So I've had the issue a few random times before (maybe twice every 4-6 months, I've had the phone for 2 years now) where the stock messaging app will give me the 'failed to send'. I'll check the message center number, restart the phone, clear the cache, then ultimately do the switch-to-airplane-mode-and-switch-back fix, which always works, and I have no problems for another few months.

Today, this is the third time I've had to switch to airplane mode and back to get my phone to send messages. I can receive them just fine, but not get one through from my side. No major changes recently (software update was downloaded and installed ... 3 days ago, I think? with no issues). I've dropped the phone a few times but it's got a great protective case and everything else seems to be working fine.

Any reason I'd be seeing this multiple times in one day? Is there anything else I can try to get a more permanent fix?

Thanks for any help.

~Audrey

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried it with a different messaging app? Though it's probably not the issue, worth a try. I use Textra exclusively on mine, way more customization than the stock app. I have had "sending failed" from time to time, but I never have to do anything to fix it, it's just a rare random occurence. Beyond that, maybe go into an AT&T store and ask them. If it's service related, you may have a bad SIM card. If it is SIM related, but due to a bad contact, you may be able to pull the card then reinstall it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12