Sd card issues after phone update

RetFor

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I have a galaxy s5 active on att. A few weeks ago my phone updated and ever since done of my programs haven't been able to read the sd card. It's not all of them though, mainly the music player (mortplayer) and book reader (moon+ reader) that i was using. Other programs have no problem reading it and it shows up in settings. How can i fix this? The reader wasn't a big deal, i just moved the books to the phone but i have way too much music to do that with that. In the meantime I've downloaded some other music players which are able to read the card but i don't like then nearly as much as mort. I'd really like to get that working again. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

RetFor

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
It looks like it has permission to view the card so it doesn't look like that's it. The second thing in the link sounds like it could be it but it just describes the problem if doesn't say how to fix it. How's do i do that? Do i need to know what the old identifier was?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going to the App Manager, selecting MortPlayer or Moon+ Reader, and Clearing Cache/Data?

RetFor

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, i tried that, it didn't work. I did finally get it to work, at least for Mort by moving the player to the sd card. After i did that it was able to see it. Not sure what would happen if i moved it back to the phone. And for the book reader i just moved the books to the phone since they don't take up much space. So I've got the two main things that were giving me a problem working, but it's just bandaids, it doesn't address the root issue. :/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000