Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22,162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Galaxy S5 mini

The specs, courtesy of Alex: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini specs | Android Central

Anyone looking at getting one?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S5 mini

Same as S4 mini

Please attenion cooling system malfunction please use nearest exit -BF4 lacang dam

I like how they retained the water/dust resistance part. I thought the 'minis' weren't gonna get it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Same as S4 mini

Please attenion cooling system malfunction please use nearest exit -BF4 lacang dam
    No its pretty different the screen is 720 not qHD like the s4 mini

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L or Samsung galaxy S5

Not to knock on the S5 mini but what is so special about this phone? After 5 generations of this model it doesn't seem to have any real bumped up specs.

Posted via Android Central App

The specs aren't leading edge I agree but a number of shortcomings of the S4 mini have been addressed. Namely, it now has a notification light, 720p screen, waterproof, dust proof, and the reception is amazing (so my last post). Well worth a purchase in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by philip42 View Post
    The specs aren't leading edge I agree but a number of shortcomings of the S4 mini have been addressed. Namely, it now has a notification light, 720p screen, waterproof, dust proof, and the reception is amazing (so my last post). Well worth a purchase in my opinion.

Well, all true and well, but since the S5 Mini utilizing the horrible penile matrix, and the S4 Mini the superior RGB matrix, the S5 Minis screen is in fact way more pixelized (worse) than the S4 Minis. So the bump to 720p from qHD doesn't do any good. Unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by osvanberg View Post
    Well, all true and well, but since the S5 Mini utilizing the horrible penile matrix, and the S4 Mini the superior RGB matrix, the S5 Minis screen is in fact way more pixelized (worse) than the S4 Minis. So the bump to 720p from qHD doesn't do any good. Unfortunately!
    That's fair enough. I wouldn't really understand the ins and outs of that kind of thing to be honest. I know I can't notice any difference. I feel that HD is sufficient in phones nowadays, but 720p suits my needs.

Thanked by: