Pattern unlocking vibration

Derrik41

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I just got a S5 Mini and everytime I unlock the screen with my pattern, it vibrates. It's a bit annoying and I can't find a way to turn it off. Any help? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Sound​, and look for a "Vibrate on touch" option. Uncheck it.

Derrik41

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
No, " music effects" is the last heading and it's not relevant. If it helps at all my phone specifically is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800H 16GB HSPA Quad core

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Devices can be a little different from each other when it comes to the menus and the options available. Maybe yours just doesn't have that option. I would have thought it would be under the "Feedback" heading, since I think of vibration to be feedback. If you change Sound Mode to something besides Vibrate, check to see if a Vibrate option comes back in Feedback, although I doubt it will.

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Further down the Sound menu is a setting for Screen lock sound that plays a sound when locking and unlocking the screen, is it that? Also in the Lock screen menu towards the bottom is Vibration feedback that vibrates but only if you get the pattern wrong, is that it? You may also want to check the Security menu for a vibrate setting as I think there used to be something in there in older versions of android. I don't have anything there but my device is a G800F so different to yours.

Last edited:

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The S5 Mini doesn't have, unfortunately, any haptic feedback settings in the system settings. Samsung ditched that on both the S4 Mini and S5 Mini. So you can't control it in the native apps. It is what it is.

JacobBN

May 8, 2015
Visit site
It's true, my S5 mini doesn't have any haptic feedback settings either, at least not any settings allowing me to completely disable haptic feedback - including the unlock screen.
However there are apps that does exactly that. I just installed the app, HapticSwitch. All this app does is enabling/disabling haptic feedback, plus it doesn't seem to require any accesses not obviously needed to do just that.