Server error

MIKA80

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I recently got the s5 mini and it's driving me crazy.
I use the main samsung mail program (white envelope with the AT sign on it) for my Gmail account.
Last week I started getting server errors, randomly throughout the day. They pop up as new mail but when I check it just says
unable to connect to server
This is the actual error message I get when I click on it
578 too many simultaneous connections. Failure

Please help me?
I tried to remove my gmail and read it... Thought that solved the problem but it didnt, I still get the server error message.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using the GMail app? I've seen a few people having issues with GMail via IMAP (which is how your client connects, I belive). The native app is much better IMHO.

MIKA80

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I thought about swutching but Samsung doesnt let me remove its mail app which annoys me.... How can .i hide it?
Thanks!

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You dont have to have it on your home screens and can just leave it in the app drawer and forget about it. Alternatively go into Settings then Application Manager swipe to All, find the mail app, choose it and you can either delete it or you may only be able to disable it on the screen that then appears. In either case it doesn't appear in your app drawer either. Beware that if you delete it you can't undelete it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You dont have to have it on your home screens and can just leave it in the app drawer and forget about it. Alternatively go into Settings then Application Manager swipe to All, find the mail app, choose it and you can either delete it or you may only be able to disable it on the screen that then appears. In either case it doesn't appear in your app drawer either. Beware that if you delete it you can't undelete it.

The e-mail app is a critical system app, cannot be uninstalled/disabled without root. And frankly I wouldn't do it as other apps use the same processes. So just install GMail and remove the homescreen shortcut for the stock e-mail app and that's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol