How do I set a ringtone as a message tone on my Samsung S5 mini?

A

AC Question

changing message tone

how do i set a ringtone as a message tone on my samsung 5 mini?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: changing message tone

Welcome to the forums. In the settings menu of text messages, you have the option to change the tone. If your sound is a file, you may need a file exploring app, like ES File Explorer, or Solid Explorer. When you click on the sound, it should ask where you want to get the sound from, and the file exploring app should be an option.

saelmve

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to do the same thing. When I go to pick a ringtone, there's an "add" button. It will open up my files and let me select a sound file. But it doesn't do that when I go to pick a notification tone.

I tried to plug my phone into my PC and move the sound file I wanted as a message tone into the folder with the other notification tones. But when I try to move it, a window pops up and it says "Waiting: Sarah's Galaxy is busy." What does that mean? It's been "busy" for an hour!

dkelsay22

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I've encountered the same issue, here's how you do it:
Go into Tools> My Files> Audio
Hold down the sound file you want (or multiple on the check box on the left) then hit> More> Copy
This should bring you to a new screen where you can choose Local or Cloud Storage> Click Device Storage
Then click the Notifications Folder> Paste Here
Now go back into your Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Ringtones and Sounds> (One of the Notification Options) and your sound should be in there. If not, restart your phone and you should be good.

You can also do this while your phone is plugged into the computer by:
Opening your phone with "Open Devise to View Files"
Copy the sound file and paste it into the Notifications Folder (if you do not have a notifications folder for some reason simply create new folder (specifically name it "Notifications" then paste the sound file into this folder)
Now go back to your settings for sound and select the sound file for whatever notification you wish it to be.

Last edited: