S5 mini splashed with water, Screen not working. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

S5 mini splashed with water, Screen not working

so, my s5 mini got splashed with some water but I thought it would be fine as it has a IP67 rating meaning it can be submerged for up to 1m for up to 15 mins, but now the screen is not working an I took it to carphone warehouse where I bought it from and they said it's the LCD digitizer which will cost £160 to fix, I spoke to samsung and they said it isn't covered by the warranty even though in their warranty it states that it is covered unless "the depth of the water at which the Samsung Galaxy S5, S5 Mini or S4 Active Mobile Phone was submerged was greater than or equal to 1 metre", has anyone had any luck in getting them to cover water damage of this nature?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 mini splashed with water, Screen not working

Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to prove that to Samsung, unless you have actual video showing the water exposure as it happened (which is obviously very impractical to achieve). It's possible that there was some crack in the screen or other break in the integrity of the phone that allowed water to get in. If so, Samsung would probably attribute this to trauma, which would also void the warranty.