Android 6.0.1 audio

Ninko

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I recently got the 6.0.1 upgrade for my S5 mini and ever since I've been having trouble with sound. Sometimes notification sounds don't sound and sometimes they only partly sound, you just hear the end of it. To me it's as if the speaker isn't being activated in time for the sound to be played.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ninko

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are these all custom notification tones, or also preinstalled tones? If they're custom, are they saved to the SD card or internal storage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Frustrating.:-\ If you have wired headphones on, do the notification tones sound normal, or are they still cut off?

At this point, I'd think about reinstalling the firmware using Smart Switch.

Ninko

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
You have no idea! Lol. Just tried with the earphones, still had the same problem. The smart switch thing, doesn't that just do a factory reset again?

Ninko

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so we know it's not just an issue with the main speaker.

Smart Switch will actually reinstall a fresh copy of the firmware, which can help if the current copy is corrupted. A factory reset will still use that corrupt firmware, so that's why reinstalling the firmware might help. But it will wipe the data, which is a hassle.

Ninko

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I got round to using smart switch and just as I thought, it didn't fix the problem. It must be a bug in the firmware which i tried to tell Samsung but they wasn't interested. Not happy!

Ninko

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't appear to be a common complaint on these forums, so it's probably not a firmware bug -- I'd guess it's hardware.

This thread has been in the Marshmallow forum, but to get more specific traffic for your device, I think it'll be bettery to move it to the S5 mini forum.

Ninko

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the delay.
Thanks for all your help but i cant be bothered to loose all my data again and go into all that when i shouldn't have to.
How do you go about reporting something like this to Samsung without them just wanting to inspect your phone and paying for the privilege?

Thanks

Ninko

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could contact them through one of these methods: Customer Service | Samsung.com. The problem, though, is that the phone is nearly 3 years old, which for most companies is regarded as obsolete. So Samsung probably won't feel obligated to do anything about this, as it is no longer under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC