Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help: Titanium Merge Killed Google Play Services on Rooted Sprint Galaxy S5

Hi, I rooted my new Sprint Galaxy S5. Everything was working fine. Then stupidly, I was tinkering with Titanium Backup and decided to batch merge all app updates into ROM.

Since then, Google play services crashes. So does S Health. I tried a full factory reset, but same problem. Play store crashes immediately and I can't log in to Google or use any Google apps that require Play Services. Then I did a factory reset. It didn't help. Now I don't even have access to Titanium backup!

Any step by step advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: Need Help: Titanium Merge Killed Google Play Services on Rooted Sprint Galaxy S5

Do a odin reflash (same process basically how you got root) of the stock odin image available on XDA-Developers Site. that should get you back to unrooted stock... I have done it without even losing my data. then re-root. This should return you back to the original system files and allow for Google Play to work. Good Luck!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need Help: Titanium Merge Killed Google Play Services on Rooted Sprint Galaxy S5

Thanks for the reply, mahst687! I took a more painful route, but finally solved it by installing Kies3, doing a system software update, then re-installing all my backed-up apps. Seems to be working fine for the last week. A very close call...

With all this ROM flashing, do you know of an effective method to re-set the Knox count in case I need warranty servicing?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by foodfan View Post
    Thanks for the reply, mahst687! I took a more painful route, but finally solved it by installing Kies3, doing a system software update, then re-installing all my backed-up apps. Seems to be working fine for the last week. A very close call...

With all this ROM flashing, do you know of an effective method to re-set the Knox count in case I need warranty servicing?
    The Knox flash counter can't be reset as far as I know. Some service centers don't care or don't notice that you have rooted though...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, UJ95X! I did see this link that talks about Triangle Away, but there doesn't seem to be GS5 compatibility yet and the warnings about bricking on the app's site look a little scary. How to reset your flash counter to zero - AndroidPIT
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by foodfan View Post
    Thanks, UJ95X! I did see this link that talks about Triangle Away, but there doesn't seem to be GS5 compatibility yet and the warnings about bricking on the app's site look a little scary. How to reset your flash counter to zero - AndroidPIT
    TriangleAway used to work before Knox. I used it a few times even though I never needed to return it.
    Bricks are unlikely if you follow the instructions

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    foodfan likes this.