Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone found a way of disable the USB charging port cover pop up?

Has anyone found any way of making a hack/mod change for the cover when it's open.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Anyone found a way of disable the USB charging port cover pop up?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but....If you click the box that says "Don't show again", it...won't show again?
    Thanked by 3:
    dadathepanda and scallawag like this.

I don't think thats a wise guy answer. You just answered the persons question! I don't even see a thanks from the person. I'll do that for them.
    dad2noah likes this.

Hey dad2noah, it's not a wise guy answer.... but that option ("don't show again") does not exist on my S5 (T-mobile, US).

It's just a white message at the bottom of the screen, that shows up EVERY time I unplug the USB cable.
    Thanked by:

Mine did not have that checkbox either until today. I have had the phone for a few days so maybe it forces a reminder a few times before it lets you ignore it?

I've had mine since the 10th and still haven't seen the checkbox yet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    I've had mine since the 10th and still haven't seen the checkbox yet.
    I have a verizon S5 and I got the "don't show this again" check box right away. For both the charging port and back cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does the back cover warning come on no matter what? I was thinking was getting that warning because there may be a flaw in the S-View Cover despite it being completely snapped in.

i dont even remember unchecking that box, but it randomly went away on my 3rd phone

on my first and second phone, there was a box to uncheck the reminder

Quote Originally Posted by theDanKelly View Post
    Hey dad2noah, it's not a wise guy answer.... but that option ("don't show again") does not exist on my S5 (T-mobile, US).

It's just a white message at the bottom of the screen, that shows up EVERY time I unplug the USB cable.
    Neither does it on my at&t

Posted via Android Central App

This message is permanent as far as I can tell and does not contain a check box. like the back cover message this is there and will activate after each reboot and or if the covers are removed. not sure if this is kernel specific, does any one have a custom kernel installed?

So does the back cover warning come on no matter what?

I have a verizon S5 and I got the "don't show this again" check box right away. For both the charging port and back cover

Quote Originally Posted by john Finch1 View Post
    This message is permanent as far as I can tell and does not contain a check box. like the back cover message this is there and will activate after each reboot and or if the covers are removed. not sure if this is kernel specific, does any one have a custom kernel installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyman View Post
    I have a verizon S5 and I got the "don't show this again" check box right away. For both the charging port and back cover
    On Sprint, there is a check box to stop notifying you

-Sent from Tapatalk

wait no more, here is the apk. place it in system /app , change permissions and delete the odex file. Reboot and no more popups
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by boykioy View Post
    wait no more, here is the apk. place it in system /app , change permissions and delete the odex file. Reboot and no more popups
    Is there a way to modify it so we can turn the notification back on?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Is there a way to modify it so we can turn the notification back on?

-Sent from Tapatalk
    In case you want to turn them on you can replace the modded apk with the oficial one. if you want i can uploaded

That would be great but I don't think that's going to work for those of us on AT&T. It would definitely be nice to have those annoying dialog boxes go away.

Quote Originally Posted by theDanKelly View Post

The same situation.

That's not an option for that alert, so way to go...

#fail

You don't know what you're talking about. Why post if you don't?

I may be wrong, but isn't there an xposed module for this too?

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Kaiser57 View Post
    I may be wrong, but isn't there an xposed module for this too?

Posted via the Android Central App
    The option to remove this can be found in Wanam Xposed or Xposed G-Touchwiz (sorry, I am not allowed to post links).
    leanneleg likes this.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Wanam also included it in his Xposed module. You can turn them both off, and remove the S Finder & Quick Connect from the Notifications Panel.
    Current: Galaxy S5 (G900W8)
    Previous: Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M), Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M), HTC Desire, BB 8330, Nokia 6265i

Change to a different rom....Works every time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast