Unrooted my phone, but it refuse to do updates

kooritsuki

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I rooted my phone with the file found in this thread, then found out I couldn't get it to do what I want it to do as a rooted phone. So I went to Sam Mobile to download the stock ROM for Rogers G900W8VLU1ANCA and flashed my phone. I checked that it was successfully unrooted.

But then it made my phone really slow and sometimes it just won't wake from a sleep. Yesterday, I was stuck at a Starbucks till because my phone wouldn't wake so I can't get to my Starbucks app to pay for my coffee. :(

So I went back to download G900W8VLU1AND1, also Rogers, and flashed my phone with that. Now when I go to About Device to check for updates, it tells me that my "device has been modified in an unauthorised way. Try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC or visit a customer service centre."

I went to get Kies did a firmware upgrade through that. An hour later, it's still showing me the same message. What should I do?? Any idea?

I'm with Rogers.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
After flashing you need to clear cache and data from recovery to remove conflict from older version

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer

kooritsuki

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
CWM or TWRP needs a rooted phone to work. I need my UNROOTED phone to be fixed for updates.

Please don't tell me I have to root it and then unroot it again. :(

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If you want to get back to stock rom then reflash with odin this will remove root permanently

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer

Jens Hjorth

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I kinda got into the same situation, it said "device has been modified in an unauthorized way" I went into SuperU App and removed Root completely, then used Samsung Kies to do a firmware and my phone was back to normal. I tried to look for the new update, and it went through without any problems. But it seems that :"G900FXXU1ANE2" is not yet available in Denmark, so i will wait.
Furthermore i am concerned about Kies "tell on me" to Samsung and my warranty will be gone. Do you think this is possible? Like if i send in my phone for repair and they look it up in the system it would say "rooted device"?

Xavier Woon

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
My s5 got stuck in emergency revovery mode during a firmware update to unroot it via samsung kies. Is there any person out there willing to help me? I think i might go to a samsung service center and ask if they can help. If i am lucky they might miss the knox counter. Is my s5 bricked? I have the recovery code and when i connect my phone to kies 3 the loading percentage will be stuck at 0%.