Now that I'm rooted, now what?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, So I've been rooted for about a month. I have Wanam Xposed and Xposed installer on there with TWRP.
When I was rooted on my S3, I was raised on Wicked Sensations ROM. (Team VeNuM). They had their own website, and updated regularly. Whenever an OTA update came out, they would promptly update their rom, throw it on their site, and away we all went.
I don't think they are doing anything with the S5, so where oh where do I go now?
I'm concerned that when the OTA updates start, I won't be able to hop on board, or will the 5 OTA update while rooted?
I don't see a big frenzy from the various rooting groups like I did with the S3.

Can someone help me out here?
Thanks

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, So I've been rooted for about a month. I have Wanam Xposed and Xposed installer on there with TWRP.
When I was rooted on my S3, I was raised on Wicked Sensations ROM. (Team VeNuM). They had their own website, and updated regularly. Whenever an OTA update came out, they would promptly update their rom, throw it on their site, and away we all went.
I don't think they are doing anything with the S5, so where oh where do I go now?
I'm concerned that when the OTA updates start, I won't be able to hop on board, or will the 5 OTA update while rooted?
I don't see a big frenzy from the various rooting groups like I did with the S3.

Can someone help me out here?
Thanks

I'm with you on this one. I just did it as well. There's already an update that a friend got on another service that T-mobile hasn't gotten. I'm wondering if I should try finding it online and manually update it

JakeyFlower

May 27, 2014
Visit site
OK I just rooted my s5 too now what? is there any custom rom? can I disabled that Knox thing? Custom recovery menu thing? Thanks any help appreciated

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
OK I just rooted my s5 too now what? is there any custom rom? can I disabled that Knox thing? Custom recovery menu thing? Thanks any help appreciated

The XDA forum will have alot of your answers. We have to give developers some time, this phone just came out (at least for Sprint) about 6 weeks ago. Also, you went ahead and rooted without reading that you voided your warranty? The knox counter was tripped and there's no going back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci