Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint S5 Towel Root?

Just switched over from a jailbroken iphone, so Im new to androind and rooting itself and need some clarification. I like the idea and simplicity of towel root, but im not sure if my sprint s5 can be rooted using this tool? So can i root my G900P using this method? If it cant be rooted, is there another root method similar to towel root? Thanks for your help AC!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Sprint S5 Towel Root?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielxavila View Post
    Just switched over from a jailbroken iphone, so Im new to androind and rooting itself and need some clarification. I like the idea and simplicity of towel root, but im not sure if my sprint s5 can be rooted using this tool? So can i root my G900P using this method? If it cant be rooted, is there another root method similar to towel root? Thanks for your help AC!

Towel root works with the AT&T and Verizon model S5's, though, the developer says it should work with most other Android devices running 4.4.2. There are also other reported devices working, but I didn't see anything for the Sprint model S5.

For that, you can refer to this thread:
    Root Sprint S5....Step-by-Step - xda-developers

Be sure to read it and understand it thoroughly before attempting. Also, make sure you know what issues could come up and what you need to do to fix it. Most of all, give yourself a lot of time just in case you need to problem solve and won't need to rush out with an out of commission device.

Let us know how it goes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Towel root works with the AT&T and Verizon model S5's, though, the developer says it should work with most other Android devices running 4.4.2. There are also other reported devices working, but I didn't see anything for the Sprint model S5.

For that, you can refer to this thread:
    Root Sprint S5....Step-by-Step - xda-developers

Be sure to read it and understand it thoroughly before attempting. Also, make sure you know what issues could come up and what you need to do to fix it. Most of all, give yourself a lot of time just in case you need to problem solve and won't need to rush out with an out of commission device.

Let us know how it goes.
    Awesome man, thanks for the clarification. Im trying really hard not to break my phone to the point that its irreversible.

Global Posts
    8,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielxavila View Post
    Awesome man, thanks for the clarification. Im trying really hard not to break my phone to the point that its irreversible.

Certainly understandable. My advice is to read as much as possible before attempting. Know what you need to do if you mess up or get stuck - good luck!

I have an S5 with Sprint and I used towel root and it works perfectly. I have heavily modified my S5 over the last few weeks. Theres not much that won't work on it.

I just rooted with towelroot on my sprint Samsung galaxy S5 with no problems. I downloaded latest version of super user from here...

http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/t.../Superuser.apk