Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chaning an icon in the statusbar

I was wondering....if technically we/I can changeout an icon or two in the OG ROM that came with my phone out of box. I am rooted with TW, and have SU and Rootchecker (that's how I know I have successful root).

Now with File Explorer, paid version, I should be able to go into the system, find the specific .png that I want changed out....and put the new one in. Escape out of FE and restart...and I should have the new icon, correct?

I don't have to add safestrap, find a ROM I like, change out the icon and then flash it, do I? I can simply do as I stated above right? Not like I need to sign anything before I reinsert into the currently ROM....right?

Or am I way off, lol?

Default Re: Chaning an icon in the statusbar

There is an easier option, search and install Xposed Framework and then select a module like Gravity Box/Ex-Themer from the module list. It gives you an option of changing icons and customize everything without the need of installing custom Roms.

Sent from my GT-P3100